Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our purpose, culture and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunities for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do and aspire to be industry leading, with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
A vacancy has arisen in our Fabrication team for a site fitter. You will be responsible for the installation of access platforms, gantries and walkways ranging from simple to complex the majority of work will be carried out on water treatment facilities.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Delivering the installation to meet the H&S requirements and programme of work
- Work as part of a team to deliver projects predominantly but not limited to the Severn Trent region.
- Show initiative, providing suggestions and ideas to the Contract Engineer or Site Supervisor for improved project delivery
- Identifying changes to the works information and reporting to the Contracts Engineer / Supervisor
- The ability to read and understand technical drawings and work within the specification.
- Site measuring, setting out and working to levels.
- Completion of site measures and provide sketches where required.
- Maintain a clean and safe working environment.
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Experience of working within the water industry
- Safety conscious
- CSCS & NVQ equivalent qualification
- Confine space certification / experience
- CPCS Slinger / signaller card
- CPCS Appointed Persons
- IPAF MEWP
- CPCS Telehandler certification
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car Scheme
- Life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday Trading
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Perks at work (discount at High Street retailers)