Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our purpose, culture and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunities for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do and aspire to be industry leading, with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
A vacancy has arisen for a Systems Integration Engineer. Reporting in to the Systems Integration Manager and Contracts Managers, you will be involved in the design, management and commissioning of control systems, predominantly in the water industry.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Outline engineering from inception to completion of schemes utilising in house resources and supply chain personnel.
- The timely completion of multiple concurrent projects, safely and within budget.
- Liaise with the client’s engineering and operations staff to ensure KPI’s are met or exceeded within budget constraints.
- Attend internal and external review and progress meetings
- Attend site visits/meetings.
- Ascertain preliminary and detailed design/project requirements and solutions
- Prepare estimates and quotations
- Complete contract documentation
- Manage site safety, health and environmental issues
- Co-ordinate and liaise with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installations and construction teams
- Verification of sub-contractor designs, documentation and software.
- Attend/undertake factory site and works testing, commissioning and client training
- Compile and collate final contract documentation, “As built” drawings, test sheets etc. for inclusion into Operation and Maintenance Manuals
- Provide governance on all aspects of ICA related issues through the design and build process.
- Ensuring ICA design scope is accurate and feasible
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- An industry applicable ONC/HNC/B.Eng or NVQ equivalent
- Demonstrable experience of working within the water industry
- Specialist knowledge of PLC, SCADA, HMI and communication systems and software used within the water industry
- Be able to organise yourself and others workload
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
- Be proactive in your approach
- An excellent communicator
- A high level of diplomacy and customer focused
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter who has experience of leading and managing functions
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car Scheme
- 5% pension contribution
- 3x salary life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday Trading
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Perks at work (discount at High Street retailers)