Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
nmcn sustainable Solutions delivers design and build services to the Water Industry, including United Utilities, Affinity Water, Yorkshire Water, South East Water, Wessex Water, SWW Water and the EA.
An opportunity has arisen for a CAD Engineer based out of our office in Plymouth working on projects for our clients.
Day to day activities within the CAD team comprise of:
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagram’s
- Preparation of 3D models
- Preparation of site layouts and General Arrangements
- Preparation of pipe work detail drawings and Bills of Material
- The use of Plant P&ID/Plant 3D/Revit/AutoCAD to produce the above models/drawings
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical, civil designers, sub-contractors & suppliers
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments
- Working within our controlled document management system (Cabinet)
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential
- Autodesk Revit experience essential
- Autodesk Plant3D experience beneficial
- Knowledge of BS19650 (BIM Standard) workflows – specifically how models/drawings operate under these standards beneficial
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Mechanical Engineering qualification – either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution