Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
The role of OSB Contracts Manager will be to manage the quality of delivery of our OSB projects, products and services from inquiry to deliver to our clients. The role will be accountable for overall end to end project delivery where you will work in close company to the OSB Quality Assurance Manager and Operations Manager who collectively will be wholly accountable for the delivery of the project, product or service.
Reporting to the Operations Manager your role will see the concept of an inquiry thorough its estimating and tendering process all the way through to finished product. Ensuring project management and production management maintained thorough to commissioning and handover to the client.
This role and position will be instrumental working with the team to ensure our OSB projects, products and services are manufactured and delivered on time to cost and to the best quality standards.
What you’ll be doing day to day
- Proactively support the team developing the project through to handover managing, reporting and resolving issues around construct ability and commissioning.
- Provide and support detailed project planning and control including development and maintaining a detailed project plan.
- Manage the project deliverables in line with the project plan, recording and managing project issues and escalation.
- Manage project scope and change control and escalating issues where necessary, resolving cross-functional issues at project level.
- Working in line with the commercial team to ensure cost is managed through out the project.
- Working closely with and communicate effectively with all stakeholders and end users to ensure the project meets business needs.
- Monitoring project progress and performance, providing monthly project reports to the Project Director and interim reports on performance or reduced performance.
- Identify and allocate the skilled resource requirements necessary to deliver the overall programme for construction and commissioning.
- Oversee and manage any production & commissioning risks initiating corrective action where necessary.
- Plan resource workload and assign new projects to the OSB team with the assistance of the Production Manager, Planner, Quality Assurance Manager & commercial team.
- Manage the overall risks and opportunities of all project’s maintaining a positive successful outcome.
- Effective management of internal skills and resource requirements, where it is effective, efficient and necessary sub-contract packages to framework suppliers to achieve successful delivery.
- Provide feedback to the team at various levels from estimating to commissioning, take charge of the lessons learnt register and ensure this is disseminated through the business.
- Maintaining effective and long-term relationships with internal and external customers and their representatives/advisors.
- Maintaining nmcn Strategy and Policies for Sustainability, Health and Safety, Quality, Environmental, Training and Development etc.
- Ability to prioritise and meet pre-defined deadlines, Ensuring the project teams comply with the Companies Business Management Systems.
- Being proactive in the identification and resolution of problems.
- Reviewing methods of working, alternative materials etc in order to maximise commercial profitability; Managing, monitoring, supporting, mentoring and counselling members of the project teams in their personal development.
- Undertaking annual appraisal for staff directly reporting to the role, Seeking and developing ongoing continuous improvement, Providing aftercare services to the customers.
- Liaise with Estimators and business development team for the implementation of all new projects and pricing structure for the developments.
- Coordinate project information and labour skill requirements to include internal and subcontract labour and liaise with scheduling, planning and production.
- Provide feedback as to efficiencies & health and safety issues including any training requirements to the General Manager.
- Manage and motivate your team in an effective manager.
- Report to Senior Management on the progress of various projects, products and services and highlight any potential financial or delay issues on these various projects.
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Experience in a similar Project or Contract Management role for a main Tier 1 contractor delivering capital projects or OSB projects, products and services
- High level of project management, planning, commercial and financial ability
- Experience as a Project Manager operating and delivering high value quick turnaround projects delivering a successful outcome on time, cost and quality.
- Ideally HND / HNC or degree qualified in engineering, design or construction
- CSCS card holder
- Accreditation in H&S such as IOSH or NEBOSH
- Qualified to Prince 2 or APM accredited.
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- High level of leadership and management skills
- A technical background with a proven track record of solving design & production build issues
- A team leader who can manage and coach their team along to meet the vision and values of the business and project outcome for our client.
- An excellent stakeholder manager who can communicate and respond effectively to clients and stakeholders.
- A positive contributor who puts the business needs first above personal requirements.
- A person who follows, enforces and upholds governance through out their role and project outcomes.
- Be an ambassador for the Company purpose, vision and values
- Ensure your everyday actions support our desired culture
- Demonstrate positive behaviours in the health, safety and wellbeing of our people
- Lead and actively promote quality with a positive impact on the environment
- Driving to deliver the Company Performance Goal
- Taking people with you and leading them to success
- Development of long term, sustainable relationships with existing and new clients within our chosen market sectors
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company car / Car allowance
- 25/20 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution