Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We’re always adapting, evolving and innovating. Our purpose, culture and values are extremely important to us, along with the continued growth and opportunities for our people. We place people at the heart of what we do and aspire to be industry leading, with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
A vacancy has arisen for a Hire Desk Controller working within a busy Plant and Transport department. Primarily, your role will entail managing the hire desk activities for both internal and external stakeholders. You will be responsible for asset control across the business, ensuring that all information held is accurate and up to date, whilst ensuring the timely procurement and queries for assets across the business.
What you'll be doing day to day
- Manage day to day hire desk activities for the Plant, Transport and Accommodation Department.
- Provide excellent customer service to nmcn customers whilst liaising with external suppliers
- Logistics planning
- Asset control, ensuring all records and kept accurate and up to date
- Timely processing of procurement paperwork and supplier invoice queries
- Monitor supplier compliance and certification
- Deal with customers requiring assistance with breakdowns, damages and losses.
The experience we're looking for in a candidate
- Previous Hire Desk experience in the Site Accommodation Industry would be advantageous
- Construction, Engineering or Utilities experience would be desirable
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and excellent IT skills
- Organisation and time management skills
- An excellent communicator
- Problem solving
- Be able to work in a strong team environment
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Proven Commercial management skills with a proactive approach to achieving results
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills to both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter who has experience of leading and managing functions
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- Company Car Scheme
- 5% pension contribution
- 3x salary life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday Trading
- Flexible working
- Free parking
- Perks at work (discount at High Street retailers)