Joining nmcn will open a door full of opportunities, where our people are nurtured for success and empowered to build their own adventure. We believe in your development, potentiality and growth. We aspire to be industry leading with renewed focus on having a positive impact on everything we touch. nmcn sustainable Solutions delivers design and build services to the Water Industry, including South East Water, Wessex Water, SWW Water, Yorkshire Water and the EA.
We work in partnership and collaboration with our customers, to deliver major built environment and critical national infrastructure projects across the UK. Our specialist engineering and construction teams bring multi-sector innovation and technical skill – from building and highways, to large-scale water networks and treatment plants.
In addition to the Water industry, our St Austell office provides professional engineering services to clients across a range of sectors. These include the mining and quarrying, mineral and metals processing, materials handling, general industrial and renewables industries. Typical services offered include design from pre-feasibility through to detailed design for construction, project management and construction management. Many of our clients are international, and we have experience in delivering professional services on projects in India, USA, Thailand, Sumatra, France, Sweden, Belgium, Brazil, South Korea, Portugal, Spain and many other countries.
An opportunity has arisen for a Trainee CAD Engineer in our St Austell office who will be working on projects for clients in all the above sectors.
What you’ll be doing day to day as a CAD Engineer
- Preparation of Flowsheets and Piping & Instrumentation Diagram’s using Autodesk Plant software
- Preparation of 3D models of process plants using Autodesk Plant 3D and Revit software
- Preparation of layouts and General Arrangements from Autodesk Plant 3D and Revit models, and in Autocad 2D.
- Preparation of pipe work layouts and 3D models using Autodesk Plant 3D and Revit.
- Preparation of pipe work Isometric drawings and Bills of Material
- Preparation of Structural steelwork general arrangements drawings and schedules
- Preparation of RFC foundation and reinforcing bar general arrangement drawings and schedules.
- Carry out site surveys
- Carry out 3D laser scanning on site, and stitch Pointcloud outputs using proprietary software
- Co-ordinate & liaise with other internal and external mechanical, electrical, civil designers, sub-contractors & suppliers.
- Assist with the design verification & validation processes, including attending design reviews.
- Evaluation of potential hazards through design risk assessments.
- Control the flow of design documentation and filing using proprietary document control systems
The experience we’re looking for in a candidate
- Autodesk AutoCAD experience essential.
- Either Autodesk Plant 3D or Revit experience essential
- Experience in a process industry design role preferred
- Mechanical Engineering qualification – either NVQ / Apprenticeship, HNC, HND, or Graduate.
- Sufficient engineering knowledge to question, ask and learn.
- Desire to understand the background and objectives of a project or plant.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft software packages.
The personal attributes we're looking for in a candidate
- Desire to understand and promote the Company purpose, vision, values and culture
- Trustworthy and ethical approach, exercising discretion where required
- Organised, structured and professional, with a passion for excellence
- Flexibility, resilience and the ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Commitment to the provision of excellent customer service
- Experience in a fast paced, national and multi-site business
- Self starter who has the ability to prioritise a varied workload and demonstrate good time management to comply with deadlines
What we can offer you
- Competitive Salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Holiday trading scheme
- Perks at work scheme (discount from high street retailers)
- Free eye test vouchers
- Employee share scheme
- 3x life assurance
- Free Parking
- Flexible Working
- 5% enhanced pension contribution