The Vice President of Marketing is responsible for setting the strategic marketing direction and procedure for NEXT Trucking. He/she will be responsible for the execution of core marketing functions and the strategic positioning of the brand.
We are looking for a breadth of skill from traditional to digital and everything in-between. The VP of Marketing will design and implement traditional and digital marketing strategies to promote and advertise NEXT Trucking. Ideally, this executive should bring senior-level experience and possess a successful track record with proven results in the startup environment.
The VP of Marketing will lead a team of marketers and designers to maximize the brand's full potential, increase customer traffic to the website and mobile app, and ultimately fuel an increase in NEXT Trucking sales and revenues.
- Lead the company’s marketing and strategic planning for NEXT Trucking, ensuring that all marketing functions and activities are carefully aligned and support the company’s well-defined creative vision and direction.
- Grassroot, traditional marketing, including events, print, broadcasting, outdoor and promotions
- Work in tandem with the Product Team to develop overarching digital marketing strategy and approach, inclusive of social media, SEO/SEM, email marketing and web development.
- Utilize and monitor promotions, advertising, media planning, consumer research, multi-tiered communications, traditional and social media tools and all other relevant marketing activities to reach various target audiences in the most effective manner possible.
- Working with Senior Management, develop and implement a long-term brand positioning, designed to increase incremental user counts.
- Play a central role in coordinating company’s resources in Operations, Purchasing, Product Development and Training to support brand positioning, advertising and marketing initiatives.
- Prioritize and oversee research initiatives to identify, translate and apply consumer behavioral feedback and market trends to implement effective promotions.
- Build and lead a small team of marketing professionals responsible for the successful execution of the company’s marketing plans and initiatives.
- Ensure marketing efforts translate into measurable financial results through increased customer visits and overall revenue growth.
- You may be called upon from time to time to perform other duties that may not be included in your job description
- BS in Marketing or Business, Communications or other related discipline with an MBA or advance degree preferred
- Strategic Start-up experience preferred
- Progressive executive career track in brand management and innovation, traditional marketing and digital media, promotions and communications.
- Experience balanced in strategic planning and execution - a keen ability to operate at a high level strategically with the energy to “roll up the sleeves” and ensure that the marketing plans are successfully implemented at the local and national level.
- Able to make informed business decisions; remain result-oriented when tracking the linkage between marketing techniques and measurable financial results.
- Preferred personal characteristics include a highly professional, positive attitude, self-motivated, flexible, ethical demeanor, and well-developed interpersonal skills.
- The ability to travel as necessary to support current and future growth.
- Competitive compensation package
- Major medical insurance options, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation
- Company outings
- Unlimited snacks, coffee, tea
- Birthday cakes
- Company outings
About Next Trucking
Based in the greater Los Angeles, CA, we are a, Technology Company disrupting the transportation industry. We have developed a mobile app and online marketplace servicing truckers and shippers. Our technology is transforming the way shippers and truckers communicate by creating an on demand platform where shippers can instantly find truckers with capacity and be able to have real time tracking updates and transparency with the movement of their freight throughout the entire shipping process