Background Check Specialist
1 Year W2 Contract
San Jose, CA
This position will have ownership of a key Background Check process, balancing program integrity and security with making sure our candidates, employees and vendor partners receive the best experience possible.
The background check process is high impact whether for our existing employees or for new hires. It requires someone with swift and consistent follow-though. Professionalism, assertiveness and confidentiality are crucial to success. Besides ensuring the actual completion of background checks, this person will also be responsible for various related administrative duties, documenting process and educating our partners in the business.
- Partner with internal partners and third party vendor to initiate background checks
- Monitor and manage active checks to ensure progression to completion.
- Work directly with employees when additional information is required
- Drive and coordinate escalations with cross functional team
- Work closely with vendor(s) to remediate any issues
- Partner closely with Client Partners to ensure best practices are in place
- Monitor case management system to ensure swift response to requests
- Maintain process documentation
- Train stakeholders on process
- Serve as vacation backup for other team members
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or equivalent relevant experience.
- 3+ years' experience in Talent or Compliance and knowledge of hiring process
- Experience performing Background checks
- Professional, assertive and timely follow through skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Word and Excel
- Demonstrated maturity and sound judgment
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Customer Service orientation
- Self-starter, resourceful and ability to independently drive to results
- Proficiency with background check systems, Case management tracking solution, Excel a plus
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Capable of multi-tasking