On-site Search Analyst, E-Commerce
Role and Responsibilities
- Conceive, design, and develop product positioning and messaging for new and current products that differentiate our product and our brands in terms of price, quality, target market, and sales channel.
- Effectively merchandise products within the product category in an effort to influence conversion rate and sales, while balancing with marketing initiatives and brand focus. You will utilize all available data points, which include consumer demand, product inventory, product margin, shipping rates, etc. in an effort to drive profitability for the ecommerce channel. This will include up selling, cross selling, catalog structure management, and creation of product specific landing pages.
- Develop and oversee the online merchandising and related item strategies to drive sales, conversion rate and overall profitability for the SKUs and Categories. Utilize relevant reporting and analysis to communicate online business trends and SKU level performance. Conduct regular competitive analysis to identify best practices and recommend action steps.
- Customizes product attribution as necessary to enhance product pages and drive conversion
- Analyze weekly selling reports to identify slow/no selling items and determine merchandising decisions to improve performance
- Visually and analytically merchandise and sort the website
- Implement and optimize navigation based on current product assortment and seasonality.
- Based on merchant input and competitor analysis, advises Product Management team on improvements to website experience and reports back progress of website developments.
- Coordinate with Marketing to gain a full understanding of all content (email, social, display, search, digital integrations, etc.) potentially driving traffic back to our own domains.
- Merchandise landing pages in a manner that supports the various marketing mediums while keeping profitability of the ecommerce channel top of mind. Develop strategic content plans to support the marketing events, as well as the ecommerce channel category structures.
Qualifications and Skills
- 3+ years’ experience with B2C merchandising and marketing in Ecommerce
- Experience managing over 1M SKUs and 1K Categories a plus
- Prior knowledge in Automotive Aftermarket industry a plus
- 1 to 2 years’ experience working with on-site search indexing solutions (Endeca, Bloomreach, SLI Systems, Unbxd, etc.)
- Expert with Microsoft Excel
- High integrity and solid personality, Identifies problems and opportunities, determines root causes
- Generates new approaches to problems or innovations to established best practices
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Bachelor's degree required