Nexkey is changing the way people experience access to physical spaces. We believe that the future is keyless and access should be more frictionless than it is today.
Today, we may use a keycard for the office, keypad for the garage, and various keys for everything else. Nexkey will be the one glue between your digital identity and physical space. For that to happen, we believe smarter access should be available for every type of business, not just the big guys.
That’s why Nexkey created the most affordable, effortless, and compatible access control platform in the industry.
Over 5,000 users joined the Nexkey Platform in the first six months since it was introduced to the world. The company continues to experience explosive growth in users and customers. It’s a great problem to have, but it takes critical talent to build and scale a successful startup. We’re a company backed by leading VCs, including Upfront Ventures and K9 Ventures, with a mission to revolutionize digital identity software and hardware globally, so we need game-changers that are up for that challenge.
Nexkey is seeking a Partner Success Specialist to add to its Hardware team. As a Partner Success Specialist, you will work closely with the Head of Hardware, Head of Software and Sales team. You will build our partner network from the ground up, and work directly with access control and locksmithing industry leaders. You understand the value of building strong partnerships to ensure company growth. You are energized by fixing problems and assisting partners through a wide variety of issues, and have previous experience interacting directly in the field with access control and locksmithing customers and partners. You have a second-sense for determining issues and aren’t afraid to go the extra mile to make sure everyone has what they need for success.
This position reports to the Head of Hardware, and is located in San Mateo, CA. This is not a remote working opportunity.
- Seek out, qualify and onboard new partners to install Nexkey Products by leveraging your existing access control and locksmith knowledge.
- Train partners in person and via web conference on best practices for installing the Nexkey System
- Work with sales team to connect potential customers with local partners
- Develop reliable relationships with partners and convert them to Nexkey evangelists
- Organize, fulfill and ship orders to partners
- Be the voice of our valued partners and champion feature requests to the product team.
- Occasionally jump on the phone with partners or use screen-share tools to help diagnose and resolve hardware, software, or workflow problems quickly.
- Become adept at troubleshooting a wide range of issues across hardware (mobile devices, power supplies), wireless connectivity, and software products.
- Escalate issues to technical team if issues cannot be resolved directly
- Surface partner feedback customer and help refine processes within the partner success team.
- 3+ years of work experience in an access control/ locksmith area.
- First-hand experience installing locks and access control
- Knowledge of access control devices and their application
- Magnetic Locks, electric strike, powered levers and panic bars
- Knowledge of locksmithing and their applications
- (Storeroom vs Classroom vs Privacy Function. Deadbolt vs Mortise vs Lever)
- Knowledge of Low Voltage Wiring
- Normally open vs Normally closedCalculations of Wire Run, Concealing wire in wall vs surface molding.
- Previously worked in a role that involved regularly coordinating and executing installations
- Desire to work autonomously
- Passion for problem-solving and the right attitude and aptitude for learning new technology in a fast-paced environment.
- A good comfort level with iOS and Android mobile devices including troubleshooting
- Excellent written and verbal skills; ability to explain the complex in a simple manner.
- Willingness to work in San Mateo.
Nexkey is a smart, dedicated, and agile team. Most of the time you’ll see everyone with all-hands on deck working on the next big feature, or huddled in a conference room discussing opportunities to redesign processes that improve our customer loyalty and experience. We are obsessed with our products, and passionate about changing the digital identity industry. We are a team that likes to have fun together, whether it’s in-office events or grabbing lunch or Happy Hour drinks in one of the many amazing spots around downtown San Mateo.
We are looking for people that promote and set the example for what it means to be a team player, and communicate with everyone in a way that promotes trust and respect across the board. You will have an opportunity to make a huge impact right away, and help create an inspiring and engaging culture for the company. If these values coincide with what you’re seeking, then we would love to hear from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Clause:
We value a diverse workplace. Nexkey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other applicable legally-protected characteristics make no difference to us. If you are smart, good at what you do, and want to work hard to build innovative software and products that will revolutionize the digital identity and access control industry then come as you are!
Nexkey will not pay a fee to any employment, staffing agency or third party for the referral of candidates for this, or any, open position unless the agency or third party has signed a formal agreement by an authorized member of the Human Resources department, or the CEO. Unsolicited resumes from said agencies or third parties of any kind will become the property of Nexkey and will be considered gratuitous, no-fee referrals.