Nexkey is changing the way people experience access to physical spaces. We believe that the future is keyless and access should be more frictionless than it is today.
Today, we may use a keycard for the office, keypad for the garage, and various keys for everything else. Nexkey will be the one glue between your digital identity and physical space. For that to happen, we believe smarter access should be available for every type of business, not just the big guys.
That’s why Nexkey created the most affordable, effortless, and compatible access control platform in the industry.
Over 5,000 users joined the Nexkey Platform in the first six months since it was introduced to the world. The company continues to experience explosive growth in users and customers. It’s a great problem to have, but it takes critical talent to build and scale a successful startup. We’re a company backed by leading VCs, including Upfront Ventures and K9 Ventures, with a mission to revolutionize digital identity software and hardware globally, so we need game-changers that are up for that challenge.
Nexkey is seeking a Director Product Management to add to its team. As the first hire in the Product Management department, you will work closely with Nexkey’s Marketing and Engineering teams and report directly to the CEO. Critical to this role is the ability to provide the overall product marketing strategy and vision for the company, and help drive the team to meet critical milestones and company goals. You should have previous experience driving the product strategy and communicate to the teams on how to successfully execute future feature development based on your expertise working directly with customers and clients. Key to your success in this role is having experience rolling up your sleeves to be both tactical and strategic. Previous experience working with hardware and software products is required, as is working in both mature organizations and tech startups. The ideal candidate will have proven experience taking a product from idea to mass manufacturing.
This job is located in San Mateo, CA and requires you to be onsite. This is not a remote work opportunity.
- Define and drive longer-term product vision and shorter-term product roadmap for software and hardware products
- Be responsible and accountable for the overall Nexkey Product Experience
- Continuously ask the question: “Are we building what matters?”
- Implement the right tools and processes to ensure we are building what matters, and provide relevant data driven feedback, responses and solutions to this (i.e. via customer feedback, NPS, etc.)
- Communicate the product strategy, continuously and effectively, to the entire company
- Be accountable for the quality of Nexkey’s solutions
- Ensure that hardware products are available in quality and quantity forecasted and expected by the sales team and the end-customers
- Build and develop a Product Team, and identify and successfully address skills gaps across the team
- Motivate, develop and nurture product development team
- Execute consistently, rapidly and effectively so as to meet relevant company milestones and objectives
- 7+ years of work experience in a product management role for IoT products
- 3+ years of experience building and managing a team
- Previous successful experience taking a product from concept to mass manufacturing
- Previous successful experience creating the product strategy and driving teams to successfully complete specific timelines and goals
- Experience in deeply engaging or even leading UX/UI and Quality functions
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and presentation skills
- Previous experience working for both larger companies and a tech startup
- A passion for products that drive exceptional user experience
Nexkey is a smart, dedicated, and agile team. Most of the time you’ll see everyone with all-hands on deck working on the next big feature, or huddled in a conference room discussing opportunities to redesign processes that improve our customer loyalty and experience. We are obsessed with our products, and passionate about changing the digital identity industry. We are a team that likes to have fun together, whether it’s in-office events or grabbing lunch or Happy Hour drinks in one of the many amazing spots around downtown San Mateo.
We are looking for people that promote and set the example for what it means to be a team player, and communicate with everyone in a way that promotes trust and respect across the board. You will have an opportunity to make a huge impact right away, and help create an inspiring and engaging culture for the company. If these values coincide with what you’re seeking, then we would love to hear from you.