Nexkey is changing the way people experience access to physical spaces. We believe that the future is keyless and access should be more frictionless than it is today.
Today, we may use a keycard for the office, keypad for the garage, and various keys for everything else. Nexkey will be the one glue between your digital identity and physical space. For that to happen, we believe smarter access should be available for every type of business, not just the big guys.
That’s why Nexkey created the most affordable, effortless, and compatible access control platform in the industry.
Over 5,000 users joined the Nexkey Platform in the first six months since it was introduced to the world. The company continues to experience explosive growth in users and customers. It’s a great problem to have, but it takes critical talent to build and scale a successful startup. We’re a company backed by leading VCs, including Upfront Ventures and K9 Ventures, with a mission to revolutionize digital identity software and hardware globally, so we need game-changers that are up for that challenge.
Nexkey is seeking an Inside Sales Representative to add to its growing Sales team. You will work closely with Nexkey’s Sales and Marketing teams and report directly to the Director of Sales. Critical to this role is the ability to follow up on leads (inbound and outbound), to build qualified pipeline, and to learn to drive business for SMB and Mid-Market companies and grow annual revenue. You will have a direct impact on customers and clients, as well as the face of the company, so you need to have a strong aptitude for dealing with the management-level sales community and have proven integrity, proactiveness and follow-through to build credibility with your pipeline. You need to have drive, flexibility and work calmly under pressure, and have proven previous success as a team player. The ideal candidate is coachable, brings an entrepreneurial spirit to their work.. You should have previous experience closing deals in the $100k to $1M range.
This position is based in downtown San Mateo, CA.
- Be able to learn and clearly communicate Nexkey’s value proposition in a couple of weeks
- Respond to inbound leads within minutes and achieve a rate of reaching 75% or more of them consistently
- Convert inbound leads into existing customers at a consistently high rate of over 10%
- Proactively reach out to companies in Nexkey’s target verticals when not working inbound leads adding a minimum of 35 dials per day
- Consistently exceed your monthly quota assisting Nexkey to grow its revenue by 25% month-over-month for the next 12 months
- Build and deliver an accurate pipeline via our CRM, including clear and concise notes and clean data hygiene
- 1-2 years of experience as an SDR or a comparable Inside Sales role
- You are genuinely curious, comfortable reaching out to strangers, and able to inspire passion in others
- You ask good questions (this is a consultative sales role), are a great listener, and have empathy for prospective customers thinking through a financial decision
- You possess a "closer" mentality, an infectiously positive attitude, and a drive to win; you’re assertive, persistent, persuasive, a self-starter, and fiercely determined
- You understand funnels and are comfortable moving prospects through them; ideally you have experience using a CRM, such as Hubspot
Nexkey is a smart, dedicated, and agile team. Most of the time you’ll see everyone with all-hands on deck working on the next big feature, or huddled in a conference room discussing opportunities to redesign processes that improve our customer loyalty and experience. We are obsessed with our products, and passionate about changing the digital identity industry. We are a team that likes to have fun together, whether it’s in-office events or grabbing lunch or Happy Hour drinks in one of the many amazing spots around downtown San Mateo.
We are looking for people that promote and set the example for what it means to be a team player, and communicate with everyone in a way that promotes trust and respect across the board. You will have an opportunity to make a huge impact right away, and help create an inspiring and engaging culture for the company. If these values coincide with what you’re seeking, then we would love to hear from you.
Equal Opportunity Employer Clause
We value a diverse workplace. Nexkey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Your age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, or any other applicable legally-protected characteristics make no difference to us. If you are smart, good at what you do, and want to work hard to build innovative software and products that will revolutionize the digital identity and access control industry then come as you are!
Nexkey will not pay a fee to any employment, staffing agency or third party for the referral of candidates for this, or any, open position unless the agency or third party has signed a formal agreement by an authorized member of the Human Resources department, or the CEO. Unsolicited resumes from said agencies or third parties of any kind will become the property of Nexkey and will be considered gratuitous, no-fee referrals.