Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
Clerical - Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, stenography and transcription, designing forms, and other office procedures and terminology.
English Language - Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
Computers and Electronics - Knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
- Active Learning - Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Learning Strategies - Selecting and using training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve problems.
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Science - Using scientific rules and methods to solve problems.
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing - Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Coordination - Adjusting actions in relation to others' actions.
- Instructing - Teaching others how to do something.
- Negotiation - Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion - Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service Orientation - Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Complex Problem-Solving Skills
- Complex Problem Solving - Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Equipment Maintenance - Performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
- Equipment Selection - Determining the kind of Supplies and equipment needed to do your job.
- Installation - Installing equipment, machines, wiring, or programs to meet specifications.
- Operation and Control - Controlling operations of equipment or systems.
- Operation Monitoring - Watching gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Operations Analysis - Analyzing needs and product requirements to create a design.
- Programming - Writing computer programs for various purposes.
- Technology Design - Generating or adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs.
- Troubleshooting - Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Judgment and Decision Making - Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Systems Analysis - Determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- Systems Evaluation - Identifying measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
Resource Management Skills
- Time Management - Managing one's own time.
- Spend Time Making Repetitive Motions
- Spend Time Sitting
- Spend Time Using Your Hands to Handle, Control, or Feel Objects, Tools, or Controls
- Contact with Others
- Electronic Mail
- Face-to-Face Discussions
- Letters and Memos
- Responding to blogs
- Deal with Unpleasant or Angry People
- Sounds, Noise Levels Are Distracting or Uncomfortable
Impact of Decisions
- Frequency of Decision Making
- Impact of Decisions on Co-workers or Company Results
- Exposed to Disease or Infections
Routine versus Challenging Work
- Importance of Being Exact or Accurate
- Importance of Repeating Same Tasks
- Structured versus Unstructured Work
Pace and Scheduling
Responsibility for Others
- Responsible for Others' Health and Safety
- Deal with External Customers
- Work with Work Group or Team
- Indoors, Environmentally Controlled
- Physical Proximity
- Operate telephone switchboard to answer, screen, or forward calls, providing information, taking messages, or scheduling appointments.
- Perform administrative support tasks, such as proofreading, transcribing handwritten information, or operating calculators or computers to work with pay records, invoices, balance sheets, or other documents.
- Greet persons entering establishment, determine nature and purpose of visit, and direct or escort them to specific destinations.
- Hear and resolve complaints from customers or the public.
- File and maintain records.
- Transmit information or documents to customers, using computer, mail, or facsimile machine.
- Provide information about establishment, such as location of departments or offices, employees within the organization, or services provided.
- Collect, sort, distribute, or prepare mail, messages, or courier deliveries.
- Process and prepare memos, correspondence, travel vouchers, or other documents.
Communicating with Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Examine files or documents to obtain information
Interacting with Computers
- Use computers to enter, access or retrieve data
Performing Administrative Activities
- Maintain appointment calendar
- Maintain inventory of office forms
- Maintain records, reports, or files
- Route multi-line telephone calls
- Type letters or correspondence
- Grant Writing
Performing for or Working Directly with the Public
- Answer questions from employees or Consumers or patients
- Greet customers, guests, visitors
- Provide clerical assistance to customers or patients.
Communicating with Persons Outside Organization
- Answer calls using switchboard
- Communicate with customers or employees to disseminate information
- Schedule appointments
- Maintain telephone logs
- Take messages
- Transcribe spoken or written information
- Type document from machine transcription
Identifying Objects, Actions, and Events
Monitor Processes, Materials, or Surroundings
- Calculate rates for organization's products or services
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Use oral or written communication techniques
- Use telephone communication techniques
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
Tools and Technology
Calculators or accessories
Premise branch exchange PBX systems
- Multi-line switchboards
- Data input scanners
- Billing software
- Bookkeeping software
Calendar and scheduling software
- Appointment scheduling software
- Electronic calendar management software
Data base user interface and query software
- Alpha Software Alpha Five
- Automated information system software
- Claim processing system software
- Database software
- IBM Check Processing Control System CPSC
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- IBM Lotus Notes
- Microsoft Outlook
- Electronic health record (EHR) software
- GE Healthcare Centricity EMR
- Kodak Dental Systems Kodak SOFTDENT Practice management software PMS