The News Deeply community fellowship program offers an opportunity to work with the community editors of each Deeply platform on mapping, growing and strengthening our community of key stakeholders (policymakers, academics, corporates, NGOs and journalists). You will hone your research know-how, dive deep into your topic of interest and learn a range of new skills and strategies that help community-centered journalism thrive. This unpaid fellowship program will start in January and run over 10-12 weeks. Fellows will work remotely and should plan to commit 10-15 hours per week.
To apply, please include a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest and experience in this topic.
- Research and build profiles of relevant experts by parsing reports, articles and other information related to their expertise and reputations
- Monitor our media partners for articles we might want to republish and topics we are missing
POTENTIAL LONGER TERM PROJECTS
- Update our background articles
- Help produce our signature community formats Experts to Watch and Expert Views
- Build promotion plans for special editorial projects and series
- Third-year college student or higher
- College credit is a plus, but not required
- Demonstrated interest and/or experience relating to oceans
- Research and, ideally, writing/journalism experience