ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a pioneering venture philanthropy organization (501c3) that backs a portfolio of breakthrough social and system entrepreneurs who are taking on America's toughest, most entrenched challenges. In partnership with a national network of philanthropists, New Profit provides social and system entrepreneurs with unrestricted grants and strategic support to help them build and scale high-impact organizations. The organization also strengthens the ecosystem that surrounds grantee-partners to help them thrive and invests in new social innovations aimed at driving widespread change. Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has invested over $250M in our portfolio and unlocked over $1.7B in public sector funding for social innovation.
New Profit is looking for a strategic, adaptive, collaborative, and analytic problem-solver excited about social entrepreneurship and philanthropy. As a key member of the Portfolio Team, the Analyst will engage in a broad range of critical activities related to our core investing operations. Activities include supporting elements of due diligence; working across the New Profit team to support strategic initiatives inside of portfolio organizations and within New Profit’s operations; and supporting the creation of frameworks and tools to codify knowledge and best practices. The Analyst will assist with the improvement and evolution of the tools and processes that make up New Profit’s portfolio management system. As part of the New Profit team, this position plays an important role in supporting fundraising, network management, and enterprise management goals and objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Portfolio Support: Support the development of content to address specific challenges faced by portfolio organizations; support portfolio organizations as new opportunities and challenges arise; support the portfolio organization’s ability to access New Profit resources.
- Portfolio Investment Selection: Assist in the development of a strong, robust pipeline of potential portfolio organizations; participate in due diligence activities to assess the attractiveness of candidate organizations as new portfolio investments and ensure a consistent, high-quality due diligence process.
- Evaluation and Assessment: Contribute to the ongoing improvement of New Profit’s portfolio management services and system; capture best practices and lessons learned in portfolio work; contribute to the development of new frameworks and tools to codify New Profit’s knowledge and practices.
- Organizational Leadership: Work collaboratively with the New Profit team to ensure continued growth and improvement within the organization through strategic planning, fund development, and operational effectiveness.
- Minimum of one year of relevant professional experience (e.g., nonprofits, philanthropy, management consulting, venture capital) along with Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work / education experience
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends and develop solutions
- Creative, learning-oriented problem solver
- Effective at building relationships and collaborative work environments
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple, changing priorities and stakeholders
- Collaborative team player willing to go above and beyond their job description for the success of New Profit and its portfolio of investments
- Engaging, clear verbal and written communication skills
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Please no phone calls or direct emails.