ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a pioneering venture philanthropy organization that backs social entrepreneurs who are advancing equity and opportunity in America. In partnership with a national network of philanthropists, New Profit provides unrestricted funding and strategic support to a portfolio of social entrepreneurs to help them realize their full potential. We also work to ensure that all social entrepreneurs can thrive by influencing how government and philanthropy fund and advance social problem solving through policy advocacy, convening, and field leadership efforts. Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has invested over $250M in our portfolio and unlocked over $1.7B in public sector funding for social innovation.
New Profit is looking for an entrepreneurial, organized and collaborative individual to join our Investor Relations Team in support of two New Profit partners . If you are passionate about fundraising, stewardship and prospect research, keep reading!
Fundraising and Development:
- Serve as development support staff for two New Profit partners; assisting mainly with managing their fundraising activities
- Identify potential funders, conduct funder and prospect research, coordinate outreach and follow-up, and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate coordination with other partners and support staff across New Profit on fundraising activities
- Work with the Communications team to develop content and messaging of written materials and collateral
- Develop, build and refine systems to support development of stewardship strategies and activities
- Partner with the finance team to ensure high-quality funder proposal budgets and funder reports
- Capture solicitations, submitted proposals, verbal agreements, and closed commitments in Salesforce; generate and analyze reports to make recommendations on strategy and follow-ups; drive process to convert verbal agreements to signed commitments
Project Management and Coordination:
- Provide advanced support for a variety of prospect and donor-related projects ensuring high quality and on-time deliverables
- Maintain overall fundraising priorities for the two Partners; manage to deliverable deadlines
- Coordinate logistics and operations for local and off-site meetings and events
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external constituents
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 1-2 years of experience in a development office (of any size) or similar function
- Excited about New Profit’s mission and social change
- Action-oriented project coordinator, able to use your superior organizational skills to manage up, juggle changing priorities, and drive towards deadlines
- Natural relationship-builder
- Strong verbal and written communicator, with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to high-quality work
- Deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- High level of interpersonal maturity and poise
- Ability to learn and grow from mistakes and have the desire to constantly improve
- Sharp analytical skills that allow you to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply learnings to a larger context
- Command of Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Comfort with moves management tracking system such as Raiser’s Edge or Salesforce (Salesforce preferred)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as needed
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume addressed to Lavon N. Fairclough.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Please indicate in your application if you are a national service alumnus. As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Please no direct emails or phone calls.