ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a pioneering venture philanthropy fund. The organization’s mission is to break down barriers to opportunity in America by transforming the way we educate our children, propel people towards social and financial stability, and create healthy communities. Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has collaborated with philanthropists, foundations, businesses, policy advocates and other entities to help drive more than $1 billion towards bold and innovative social problem solving. As we celebrate our 20th anniversary, we believe that no organization or sector can create transformative social change on its own, which is why our unique, collaborative model brings together three key drivers of social impact:
- We invest in visionary leaders to help them scale high-impact solutions;
- We advocate for public policy that leads to better outcomes and more efficient use of resources; and
- We build community and public dialogue around bold new approaches to social change.
New Profit is looking for an entrepreneurial, organized, relational and self-aware individual to join our growing People Team as a Manager. This individual will be critical to the development and management of our performance management, professional development, and diversity and inclusion practices. If you are passionate about the intersection of people, culture, strategy, and HR, approximately 3-8 years into your career, and are ready to throw yourself into a new opportunity, keep reading!
- Design and facilitate the performance management systems and processes in collaboration with People Team Lead. This includes managing processes to promote the performance and development of our team – i.e., goal setting, performance and development reviews, manager check-ins, competency models – and help build a culture of learning and performance through feedback.
Coaching & Development
- Coach employees as they navigate relationships and projects, change roles, work towards a promotion, see opportunities to improve our culture, etc. This person will be a trusted internal adviser to the New Profit team, and learn when to pull in others for further invention.
- Manage the Inclusive Leadership Foundation Curriculum – a series of full team training's a consultant is facilitating for New Profit focusing on creating a diverse team with an inclusive culture.
- Proactively look for and develop opportunities to infuse the mission, vision, and core values into the work and champion what it means to live out the values in tangible ways.
Talent Operations & Human Resources
- Manage across the People & HR / Finance Operations Team to ensure policies are effective and equitable, documentation is up to date, and all functions align with HR best practices.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Required experience – approximately 3-8 years of experience in the workplace with 2+ years in talent / people / HR administration, project management or coordination support
- Ideal experience – helped manage / operationalize a diversity and inclusion initiative, change management process, competency model development; coaching and facilitation experience
- Competencies / attributes – strategic thinker and creative problem solver; self-aware and curious; committed to people development and to diversity, equity and inclusion; ambitious and collaborative work ethic; organized project manager; ability to communicate with and build relationships across differences easily
- Excited about New Profit’s mission and social change
- Comfortable practicing discretion around relationships and confidentiality
- Command of Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- You can practice discretion and have the ability to maintain confidentiality as needed
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume addressed to Lavon Fairclough.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Please indicate in your application if you are a national service alumnus. As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.