ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a pioneering venture philanthropy organization (501c3) that backs a portfolio of breakthrough social and system entrepreneurs who are taking on America's toughest, most entrenched challenges. In partnership with a national network of philanthropists, New Profit provides social and system entrepreneurs with unrestricted grants and strategic support to help them build and scale high-impact organizations. The organization also strengthens the ecosystem that surrounds grantee-partners to help them thrive and invests in new social innovations aimed at driving widespread change. Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has invested over $250M in our portfolio and unlocked over $1.7B in public sector funding for social innovation.
New Profit is looking for a strategic project manager and analytical problem-solver with strong relationship management capabilities. As a key member of the Portfolio Team, the Manager will engage in a broad range of critical activities related to our core investing operations. Activities include driving elements of due diligence; working with New Profit Partners (senior team members) to support strategic initiatives inside of portfolio organizations and across New Profit; and supporting New Profit Partners in the creation of frameworks and tools to codify knowledge and best practices. The Manager will assist with the improvement and evolution of the tools and processes that make up New Profit’s portfolio management system. As part of the New Profit team, this position plays an important role in supporting fundraising, network management, and enterprise management goals and objectives. The Manager reports to a New Profit Partner and may be asked to manage Associate(s) on the portfolio team.
- Engage in investment selection, the process of sourcing and assessing potential investments (see current investments) against New Profit’s criteria through our due diligence process, and ultimately making investments in organizations
- Engage in portfolio support and assessment activities to provide best-in-class strategic support and coaching to our investments, ensuring strong management of the portfolio
- Help manage portfolio strategy and operations ensuring the mix of investments, portfolio supports, and team and are aligned to key success metrics and New Profit priorities; create and manage systems and structures to ensure effective operational management
- Provide organizational integration with other programmatic elements of New Profit (including emerging System Entrepreneur Fund, Investor Relations, America Forward) to create strategic alignment, exchange of best practices and innovations, and fostering collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Creative, learning-oriented problem solver
- Effective at building relationships and collaborative work environments
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple, changing priorities and stakeholders
- Collaborative team player willing to go above and beyond their job description for the success of New Profit and its portfolio of investments
- Engaging, clear verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience (e.g., nonprofits, philanthropy, management consulting, venture capital) and / or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MPA)
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Please no phone calls or direct emails.