ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a pioneering venture philanthropy fund. The organization’s mission is to break down barriers to opportunity in America by transforming the way we educate our children, propel people towards social and financial stability, and create healthy communities. Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has collaborated with philanthropists, foundations, businesses, policy advocates and other entities to help drive more than $1 billion towards bold and innovative social problem solving. As we celebrate our 20th anniversary, we believe that no organization or sector can create transformative social change on its own, which is why our unique, collaborative model brings together three key drivers of social impact:
- We invest in visionary leaders to help them scale high-impact solutions;
- We advocate for public policy that leads to better outcomes and more efficient use of resources; and
- We build community and public dialogue around bold new approaches to social change.
New Profit is looking for a strategic project manager and analytical problem-solver with strong relationship management capabilities. As a key member of the Portfolio Team, the Manager will engage in a broad range of critical activities related to our core investing operations. Activities include driving elements of due diligence; working with New Profit Partners (senior team members) to support strategic initiatives inside of portfolio organizations and across New Profit; and supporting New Profit Partners in the creation of frameworks and tools to codify knowledge and best practices. The Manager will assist with the improvement and evolution of the tools and processes that make up New Profit’s portfolio management system. As part of the New Profit team, this position plays an important role in supporting fundraising, network management, and enterprise management goals and objectives. The Manager reports to a New Profit Partner and may be asked to manage Associate(s) on the portfolio team.
- Engage in investment selection, the process of sourcing and assessing potential investments (see current investments) against New Profit’s criteria through our due diligence process, and ultimately making investments in organizations
- Engage in portfolio support and assessment activities to provide best-in-class strategic support and coaching to our investments, ensuring strong management of the portfolio
- Help manage portfolio strategy and operations ensuring the mix of investments, portfolio supports, and team and are aligned to key success metrics and New Profit priorities; create and manage systems and structures to ensure effective operational management
- Provide organizational integration with other programmatic elements of New Profit (including emerging System Entrepreneur Fund, Investor Relations, America Forward) to create strategic alignment, exchange of best practices and innovations, and fostering collaboration.
- Strong analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Creative, learning-oriented problem solver
- Effective at building relationships and collaborative work environments
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple, changing priorities and stakeholders
- Collaborative team player willing to go above and beyond their job description for the success of New Profit and its portfolio of investments
- Engaging, clear verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience (e.g., nonprofits, philanthropy, management consulting, venture capital) and / or advanced degree (e.g., MBA, MPA)
- Mastery of Microsoft Office programs
As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills.