ABOUT NEW PROFIT
New Profit is a pioneering venture philanthropy organization (501c3) that backs a portfolio of breakthrough social and system entrepreneurs who are taking on America's toughest, most entrenched challenges. In partnership with a national network of philanthropists, New Profit provides social and system entrepreneurs with unrestricted grants and strategic support to help them build and scale high-impact organizations. The organization also strengthens the ecosystem that surrounds grantee-partners to help them thrive and invests in new social innovations aimed at driving widespread change. Since its founding in 1998, New Profit has invested over $250M in our portfolio and unlocked over $1.7B in public sector funding for social innovation.
New Profit is looking for an entrepreneurial, organized and collaborative individual to join our Investor Relations Team. If you are passionate about fundraising and investor stewardship and approximately 2-5 years into your career, keep reading!
Fundraising and Development:
- Serve as Senior Associate, Investor Relations (Development) for two senior leaders; assisting mainly with their fundraising activities
- Identify potential funders, conduct funder and prospect research, coordinate outreach and follow-up, and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Ensure appropriate coordination with other partners and support staff across New Profit on fundraising activities
- Work with the Communications team to develop content and messaging of written materials and collateral
- Develop, build and refine systems to support development of stewardship strategies and activities
- Partner with the finance team to ensure high-quality funder proposal budgets and funder reports
- Capture solicitations, submitted proposals, verbal agreements, and closed commitments in Salesforce; generate and analyze reports to make recommendations on strategy and follow-ups; drive process to convert verbal agreements to signed commitments
Project Management and Coordination
- Provide advanced project management support, ensuring high quality and on-time achievement of priorities
- Maintain overall internal priorities and track deadlines for fundraising and meetings, workstreams and other initiatives
- Coordinate logistics and operations for local and off-site meetings and events
- Build and manage relationships with internal and external constituents
- Track and update team relationships, contact information and distribution lists in Salesforce.com
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Excited about New Profit’s mission and social change
- Experience in fundraising and development
- Action-oriented project manager, able to use your superior organizational skills to manage up, juggle changing priorities, and drive towards deadlines
- Relationship-builder, with a proven ability to network with and influence individuals at all levels of New Profit, and with external constituents
- Strong verbal and written communicator, with a keen eye for detail and a commitment to high-quality work
- Deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- High level of interpersonal maturity and poise
- Ability to learn and grow from mistakes and have the desire to constantly improve
- Sharp analytical skills that allow you to quickly assess situations, identify trends, develop insights and solutions, and apply learnings to a larger context
- Command of Microsoft Office, specifically PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as needed
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this position, please submit a thoughtful cover letter and resume addressed to Lavon N. Fairclough.
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply. Please indicate in your application if you are a national service alumnus. As an equal opportunity employer, New Profit recognizes the power of a diverse community and strongly encourages applications from individuals with varied experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds. New Profit offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. Please no phone calls or direct emails.