What is Neuron Garage:
Neuron Garage is a place where children develop a growth mindset that will allow them to continually grow and thrive in our rapidly changing world. Through engaging hands-on building, where they repurpose recycled materials in order to solve a weekly challenge, children stretch themselves and develop their creative thinking, collaboration skills, confidence and resilience.
Camp Director Position:
As Camp Director, you will oversee the operations of a campus serving 30-50 campers per week divided into two groups based on age (5-7 and 8-11 years old). You will be the primary line of communication to
parents and provide support to your team of counselors through observations and feedback.
Throughout the summer, you and your team will create and maintain a nurturing environment and welcome a different group of campers each week. This will give you multiple rounds of practice setting up and implementing project-based learning experiences.
Each week, you and your team will work to inspire and motivate every camper through positive feedback and thoughtful questions.
Over the course of the summer, you will become a master at encouraging learners to embrace problem solving and failure using a combination of Montessori and Socratic guiding principles.
Employment and Training Schedule:
- Training Evenings and/or Weekend in May
- Camp Set-up Weekend: May 30th & 31st or June 6th & 7th, 9am – 5pm
- Camp: June 1st – August 13th, Monday through Friday, 8am – 6pm
Compensation: $20/hour; 8 to 11 weeks of camp depending on the location and 40-80 hours of training and set-up
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years working with children
- First Aid/CPR Certification (to be completed before training)
- A passion for education, psychology, and/or child development
- Commitment to attending all training, set-up and camp dates