What is Neuron Garage:
Neuron Garage is a place where children develop a growth mindset that will allow them to continually grow
and thrive in our rapidly changing world. Through engaging hands-on building, where they repurpose recycled materials in order to solve a weekly challenge, children stretch themselves and develop their creative thinking, collaboration skills, confidence and resilience.
Camp Counselor Position:
This camp is a transformative experience for children, and as a Camp Counselor, you get to be a part of this magic. In the course of just one week, your careful guidance can have a lasting impact on their futures.
You will be responsible for creating a safe, nurturing, fun environment for elementary age children to experiment, struggle, play and learn by:
- Ensuring the physical and emotional safety of every Camper.
- Setting up and maintaining an environment and the materials necessary for weekly creative problem-solving challenges.
- Inspiring and motivating every Camper through positive feedback and thoughtful questions.
- Encouraging Campers to embrace problem solving and failure by modeling curiosity, flexible thinking, perseverance, empathy, and a positive attitude.
The days are non-stop and it is well worth all of the energy you will put in. This summer will change your life. You will become a stronger communicator, leader and team player. It will change the way you interact not only with children, but with everyone – whether in a classroom, a boardroom or at home with the people you love most.
Employment and Training Schedule:
- Training Weekend: May 18th & 19th, 9am – 5pm
- Camp Set-up Weekend: June 1st & 2nd, 9am – 5pm
- Camp: When: June 3rd – August 2nd or 9th, Monday through Friday, 8am-5pm or 9am – 6pm
(You will have a 1-hour break each day for a total of a 40-hour work week.)
Compensation: $12 - $15/hour; 7 to 10 weeks of camp depending on the location and 40 hours of training
and set-up (dates and times above, along with 8 hours of online training)
- 1+ years of college
- 1+ years working with children
- First Aid/CPR Certification (to be completed before training)
- A passion for education, psychology, and/or child development
- Commitment to attending all training, set-up and camp dates