What is Neuron Garage:
Neuron Garage is a place where children develop a growth mindset that will allow them to continually grow and thrive in our rapidly changing world. Through engaging hands-on building, where they repurpose recycled materials in order to solve a weekly challenge, children stretch themselves and develop their creative thinking, collaboration skills, confidence and resilience.
Camp Counselor Position:
This camp is a transformative experience for children, and as a Camp Counselor, you get to be a part of this magic. In the course of just one week, your careful guidance can have a lasting impact on their futures.
You will be responsible for creating a safe, nurturing, fun environment for elementary age children to experiment, struggle, play and learn by:
- Ensuring the physical and emotional safety of every Camper.
- Setting up and maintaining an environment and the materials necessary for weekly creative problem-solving challenges.
- Inspiring and motivating every Camper through positive feedback and thoughtful questions.
- Encouraging Campers to embrace problem solving and failure by modeling curiosity, flexible thinking, perseverance, empathy, and a positive attitude.
The days are non-stop and it is well worth all of the energy you will put in. This summer will change your life. You will become a stronger communicator, leader and team player. It will change the way you interact not only with children, but with everyone – whether in a classroom, a boardroom or at home with the people you love most.
Employment and Training Schedule:
- Training Evenings and/or Weekend in May
- Camp Set-up Weekend: May 30th & 31st or June 6th & 7th, 9am – 5pm
- Camp: June 1st – August 13th, Monday through Friday, 8am – 6pm
Compensation: $12 - $15/hour; 8 to 11 weeks of camp depending on the location and 40 hours of training and set-up
- 1+ years of college
- 1+ years working with children
- First Aid/CPR Certification (to be completed before training)
- A passion for education, psychology, and/or child development
- Commitment to attending all training, set-up and camp dates