What is Neuron Garage:
Neuron Garage is a place where children develop a growth mindset that will allow them to continually grow and thrive in our rapidly changing world. Through engaging hands-on building, where they repurpose recycled materials in order to solve a weekly challenge, children stretch themselves and develop their creative thinking, collaboration skills, confidence and resilience.
Camp Director Position:
As Camp Director, you will oversee the operations of a campus serving 30-50 campers per week divided into two groups based on age (5-7 and 8-11 years old). You will be the primary line of communication to
parents and provide support to your team of counselors through observations and feedback.
For 9 weeks (June 1st – August 3rd), you and your team will create and maintain a nurturing environment and welcome a different group of campers each week. This will give you multiple rounds of practice setting up and implementing project-based learning experiences.
Throughout each week, you and your team will work to inspire and motivate every camper through positive feedback and thoughtful questions.
Over the course of the summer, you will become a master at encouraging learners to embrace problem solving and failure using a combination of Montessori and Socratic guiding principles.
Employment and Training Schedule:
- Training Weekend: May 17th 5pm – 8pm; May 18th & 19th, 9am – 5pm
- Camp Set-up Weekend: June 1st & 2nd, 9am – 5pm
- Camp Season: When: June 3 rd – August 2nd , Monday through Friday, 7:45am – 6:15p (You will have a 30-minute break each day for a total of a 50-hour work week.)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years working with children
- First Aid/CPR Certification (to be completed before training)
- A passion for education, psychology, and/or child development
- Commitment to attending all training, set-up and camp dates