Software Developer - Brain-Computer Interfaces
Neurable’s mission is to make technology universally accessible, intuitive and empowering through advanced applications of neurotechnology. Our brain-computer interface technology delivers unparalleled experiences to our customers across multiple platforms including mobile, PC, and virtual / augmented reality.
We are seeking a creative and talented Software Developer to join our team. Your work will directly contribute to advancements in the field of human-computer interaction.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with creative problem solving in a startup environment. If you like tinkering, are curious by nature, and / or consider yourself a technologist or an innovator, you will fit in well on our team.
What You Will Do and Learn:
- Work closely with the product team to transform scientific innovations and discoveries into software applications for customers or internal demos
- Optimize platform and SDK for performance and maintainability
- Develop scalable and robust modules to integrate into our existing applications
- Design, build, test, and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
Who You Are:
- Interested in technology and curious about the future of human-computer interaction
- Enjoys working in small teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to teach others around you and learn from them
- Self-starter who can work in a highly dynamic startup environment.
- Not afraid to experiment, fail and then learn from the results
- Desire to create a positive change in the world
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- 2+ years C++, PC, or mobile app development experience
- Proficiency in Python.
- Experience implementing/integrating software with cloud services/micro services.
- Thorough knowledge of the standard library, STL containers, and templating
- Understanding of dynamic polymorphism and C++ specific notions, such as friend classes
- Knowledge of the latest C++11 standard is appreciated (i.e. lambdas)
- Knowledge of low-level threading primitives and real-time environments
- Familiarity with language tools, such as Valgrind
- Implementation of automated testing platforms and unit tests (i.e. Google Test)
- Proficient understanding of code the Git versioning tool
- Knowledge of cloud storage and deployment strategies.
- Strong written communication and documentation abilities
- Ability to rapidly prototype real features in a startup environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and equity
- High quality health insurance (100% company paid)
- 401(k) with employer matching contributions
- Generous PTO
- Convenient location in Downtown Crossing
- Pet friendly office, fun team outings, and homemade waffles every Wednesday!
We are not able to provide a visa or sponsorship for this position. All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.