Seeking a Lead Data Scientist to join our team. This position will be responsible for deriving new tools and theories to improve our data analysis platform. You will participate in cutting-edge research in AI/ML applications for neurotechnology.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with creative problem solving in a startup environment. If you like tinkering, are curious by nature, consider yourself a technologist or someone who thinks several steps ahead then you will fit in well with our team.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate individual about innovation in neuroscience, machine learning, and AI. This is a fast-paced, collaborative, and iterative environment requiring quick learning, agility, and flexibility. Your work will directly contribute to an evolutionary milestone in the field of brain-computer interfaces (BCIs).
- Participate in cutting edge research in AI/ML applications for neurotechnology
- Manage science backlog and roadmap
- Communicate with internal teams and external stakeholders
- Define experiments, provide scientific guidance, and help the engineering team throughout R&D and Product life cycles
- Build prototypes and algorithms in Matlab or Python
- Review prototypes and algorithms written by other engineers
- Manage and contribute to grant applications, studies, and projects
- PhD/MD in Cognitive or Computational Neuroscience, Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Electrical and/or Biomedical Engineering with experience in brain-computer interfaces or neuroengineering
- 5-10+ years designing experiments to investigate the neural correlates of perception, action, or cognition using human or animal models
- Experience in designing cognitive/behavioral tasks and conducting lab-oriented research
- Expertise in statistical and signal processing, linear algebra, time-frequency analysis, machine learning, and their application to multivariate biometric and neuroimaging datasets
- Fluent in numerical computing and proficient in various programming languages (e.g., C, Python, Matlab, ML and deep learning toolboxes)
- Prior experience and continued interest in mentorship and technical development of junior data scientists
- Ability to solve problems that have not been solved, in other words, a willingness to explore the unknown and ability to make progress
- Ability to embrace uncertainty when working on challenging research questions
- Knowledge of perceptual/behavioral evaluations and physiological measurement is desired
- Hardware and software experience with multimodal data acquisition, instrumentation, and human-machine interfaces is a plus
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive Salary and Equity Package
High Quality Health Insurance (Full Company Sponsorship)
401(k) with Employer Matching Contributions
Convenient Location in Downtown Boston
Fun Office, Team Events, and Pets Welcome!