Research Scientist, Eye Tracking
Neurable Inc. is a world-leader in developing brain-computer interface technology for consumer and enterprise applications. We work across multiple platforms including augmented reality, virtual reality, PC and mobile to deliver unparalleled experiences to our customers. Our product is a brain-computer interface (BCI) available today via our SDK and custom hardware for two primary applications:
- Hands-free mental control of virtual and augmented reality devices
- Cognitive analytics for behavioral insights and training
Backed by top-tier venture capital firms in Boston and the Bay Area, Neurable’s mission is to make technology universally accessible, intuitive and empowering through advanced applications of neurotechnology.
Neurable is seeking a Research Scientist with expertise in eye tracking to join our world-class BCI team. This position will be responsible for designing, developing and testing new software algorithms for eye tracking and gaze estimation applications. Working closely with experts in EEG and EMG signal processing, electrical engineers and software engineers, you will explore methods for combining eye-tracking with other biometric sensing modalities to create high-performance BCIs. Your work will directly contribute to an evolutionary milestone in the field of human-computer interaction.
The ideal candidate should be comfortable with creative problem solving in a startup environment. If you like tinkering, are curious by nature, consider yourself a technologist or someone who thinks several steps ahead then you will fit in well on our team.
- Interested in technology and curious about the future of human-computer interaction
- Enjoys working in small teams in a highly collaborative environment
- Able to teach others around you and learn from them
- Self-starter who can work in a highly dynamic startup environment
- Not afraid to experiment, fail and then learn from the results
- Desire to create a positive change in the world
- Participate in cutting edge research in AI/ML applications for neurotechnology
- Perform research on existing eyetrackers and known sensors used for eyetracking
- Create computer vision algorithms for eye tracking and gaze estimation
- Utilize multiple sensor modalities for eye tracking and gaze estimation including computer vision, image processing, and signal processing
- Simulate potential eye tracking and gaze estimation technology; analyze and report on results
- Drive novel eye-tracking algorithm development through analysis of experimental results
- Previous work experience in academic or industrial setting doing research with eyetracking systems
- Currently possess or pursuing a PhD degree in the field of computer vision, computer science, neuroscience, electrical engineering, robotics, physics, or a related technical field
- 5+ years experience in machine learning
- 5+ years experience developing computer vision
- 5+ years of C++ coding skills
- Experience developing signal processing algorithms that utilize a broad range of sensor modalities
- Experience with simulation and determination of success criteria
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- High quality health insurance
- 401(k) with employer matching contributions
- Generous PTO
- Convenient location in Downtown Crossing - close to several MBTA stops
- Fun office, team events, pets welcome!
Please note: Regrettably, we are not able to provide a visa or sponsorship for this position. All candidates must be authorized to work in the USA.