Do you love helping game developers create great multiplayer experiences?
At Network Next, our mission is to make the Internet better for games. We’re building a Real-Time CDN that improves the experience for players by steering game traffic to faster and more reliable connections.
Our platform runs on the Google CloudPlatform and uses services such as Google Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Pub/Sub, and Cloud Dataflow to scale to millions of sessions.
As part of your role at Network Next, you will:
* Build features and improvements on our go micro-services.
* Work with tools and platforms such as Kubernetes & Google Cloud.
* Collaborate with customers to build the best solution for their game.
* Report directly to the CTO.
What it’s like at Network Next:
You’ll join a diverse team with experience from a wide range of backgrounds, who care deeply about work-life balance and delivering value to our customers.
Located within walking distance of the Santa Monica pier, there’s plenty of nearby places to grab a coffee or lunch. Flexible working hours—most people work in the office from 10AM–5PM, and every Friday we all work from home. Unlimited PTO—and we mean it. If you feel like taking time away from work, you’re encouraged to do so.
* Compensation: $100k–$150k USD, with 0.1% equity.
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k with 5% matching.
Things we look for:
* 1+ years of experience working in Go, or a language such as C/C++
* 1+ years of experience working with Linux.
* You've built and deployed applications at scale, and understand the reliability challenges facing large-scale deployments.
Bonus: You’ve written networking protocols before, or have experience implementing game networking.
Bonus: Experience with any of the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform, gRPC, Cloud Datastore, Bigtable, Kubernetes.
Bonus: Development experience with game consoles, including Sony Playstation, Microsoft XBox One or the Nintendo Switch.
Bonus: Experience with good DevOps practices and tooling such as Jenkins.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.