Do you love helping game developers create great multiplayer experiences?
At Network Next, our mission is to make the Internet better for games. We’re building a Real-Time CDN that improves the experience for players by steering game traffic off the public Internet and onto private networks.
With our technology, real-time applications choose high-performance, low-latency routes on our neutral marketplace—every 10 seconds. Our platform runs on Google Cloud Platform and uses services such as Google Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Pub/Sub and Cloud Dataflow to scale to millions of sessions.
Are you ready to make the internet better for games? Join us in Troy, New York where you'll help game developers deliver amazing multiplayer experiences.
What you will do:
As part of your role at Network Next, you will:
- Collaborate with customers to ensure Network Next provides the performance and quality characteristics required by their game or application.
- Use DevOps practices to ensure we're delivering high-quality improvements to our customers.
- Configure Kubernetes and Google Cloud to support our platform's growth to millions of concurrent sessions.
- Address high priority production issues raised internally or by our customers on a rotating, on-call basis.
- Improve our continuous integration and deployment pipeline to iterate and ship new features, quickly and reliably.
- Report directly to the CEO.
What it’s like at Network Next:
You’ll join a diverse team with experience from a wide range of backgrounds, who care deeply about work-life balance and delivering value to our customers.
- Flexible working hours—most people work in the office from 10AM–5PM, with remote as needed.
- Unlimited PTO—and we mean it. If you feel like taking time away from work, you’re encouraged to do so.
- “Work from home” Fridays. Whether you’re working from home, or finding a nice coffee shop to work out of, we work away from the office on Fridays so we can be productive anywhere.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, a company funded 401k with 5% matching, a conference budget and generous hardware/software allowance, and rapid career growth opportunities.
- Compensation: $100k–$125k USD, with 0.1% equity.
Things we look for:
- 1+ years of experience working with Linux.
- 1+ years of experience working in Go, or you’re a polyglot engineer who can quickly pick up new programming languages.
- 1+ years of experience with DevOps practices and tooling such as Jenkins.
- You've built and deployed applications at scale, and understand the reliability challenges facing large-scale deployments.
- Bonus: Experience with at least one of the following technologies: Google Cloud Platform, gRPC, Cloud Datastore, Bigtable, Kubernetes, BigQuery, Redis, React.
- Bonus: You’ve written networking protocols before, or have experience implementing game networking.
- Bonus: You have experience in front-end development technologies, such as React and TypeScript.
- Bonus: Development experience with game consoles, including Sony Playstation, Microsoft XBox One or the Nintendo Switch.
These aren’t hard requirements, and if you don't feel like you meet everything listed above, we encourage you to apply anyway. Above everything else, we’re looking for experienced individuals who want to make the Internet better for games.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.