Netlify is revolutionizing the way developers and teams build, deploy, and run modern web projects. Our mission is to build a future of the web that is open, accessible for all, and secure by default. We aim to perfect a collaborative platform that allows any developer build performant web projects and simply push their code, while we take care of the rest.
We are looking for a Community Manager to work with the Developer Relations team to execute strategies that empower the community.
There are many communities Netlify is involved with. Besides our own customer base of over 100,000 developers, we are instrumental in the JAMstack communities and have a variety of open source projects we maintain and contribute to. We are looking for individuals ready to take the challenge of balancing efforts across the board.
What is DevRel at Netlify?
The Developer Relations group at Netlify is the face of the company with strong content production goals and a focus on spreading the love of Netlify to developers all over the world. The Developer Relations team gives feedback to Product Team on what would increase developer adoption and market growth.
We believe that active community engagement and education through content building and open participation are part of the magic sauce for Netlify to succeed.
The Developer Relations group is a team first. We value collaboration and support that leads to an inclusive, open environment where we can avoid burnout and the feeling of being siloed. We love to build out strategies together, support through editing and reviewing, and acting as soundboards for new ideas.
- Determine and implement plans for community growth, expansion, and accessibility.
- Measure community engagement and the impact it has on the business.
- Help develop plans for a Community Support initiative
- Assist in overseeing the online spaces that our community occupies including Gitter, Stack Overflow, GitHub, and social media
- Help coordinate events, meetups, and conferences that represent opportunities to bring our community together.
- Create and maintain a list of ideal events to sponsor and participate in, assist in the calls-for-participation processes.
- Determine the best strategies to meet the needs of all communities connected with Netlify.
- Assist in building and distributing educational materials with the DevRel team
- Identify and build relationships with Netlify ‘champions’ - be it tools and companies or individuals.
- Experience working with developers and technical products
- Skills in building and scaling technical communities
- Comfortable with moderating online communication outlets and developing plans to increase community involvement online
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in open source communities
- Experience with companies or technologies related to web development, APIs, or microservices
- An understanding of web development trends and emerging technologies
- Experience writing technical content or explaining technical concepts in blog posts, forums, emails, or other channels
You'll be successful as a community manager if:
- You enjoy building relationships and networking.
- You consider yourself well organized and like numbers and tracking.
- You understand the importance of the customer experience.
- You value collaboration, brainstorming, and thorough planning.
- You have genuine interest in emerging technologies.
Benefits + perks:
- Working with a mission-driven team that celebrates diversity, work-life balance, and employee growth
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Free food, drinks, and snacks at the office, including lunch
- Electronically operated sit-to-stand desks
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- “Whatever gear you need” when you join
- Get-things-done work environment — work when you want, take days off when you want, as long as you’re getting things done and collaborating with your teammates
About the Netlify team:
Though the team is small, we are a fast-growing startup. You will be working across the company. There are only twenty of us, so you are getting in at a time when we need people who can help us build a path towards the future.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome
is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, e.g. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.
How we hire
Our hiring process starts as soon as you submit your application using the form below. We'd appreciate a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the DelRel team and why you'd like to work at Netlify, along with your resume.
Once we've reviewed your application, if things seem like a possible fit, we will schedule a conference call with you. This first meeting helps us to learn more about your past experience and helps you to learn a little bit more about our company and how we work.
If we move forward with the process, we will determine the best way to evaluate your skills. If this evaluation is successful, we'll schedule a meeting with other members of the company that you'll be working with, directly or indirectly. After this third interview, you'll meet with the management team to discuss salary and other compensations.