Senior Designer, Marketing
Netlify is changing the way developers build web projects and developers seem to really like it. Go on, read what they’re saying on Twitter
. Now that we’ve got a solid foundation of features and functionality and a growing and supportive community, we need a brand that reflects all of the simplicity, subtle delight, and it-just-works-yness of the product. We’re looking for a designer who is passionate about telling stories with the experience and ambition to communicate who we are and what we’re building. Oh yeah, and when we say brand, we’ve got a LOT to talk about. From designing Netlify’s core site to owning the visual identity of our open source projects and properties to creating all of the assets it takes to tell our story — you’ll be building it from the ground up.
On to the details!
This role is responsible for the executing the visual design and design language of all marketing materials, and prioritizing, managing, and communicating design projects. Our dream designer will bring ambitious improvements to existing design systems (note: you’ll have some amazing partners over on the product design team) and introduce new ideas to achieve a cohesive brand identity. We want to be mentioned alongside brands like Slack, Stripe, and GitHub who have all advanced the way developer tool companies communicate, so we’re looking for someone with a point of view. Illustrations vs. iconography vs. photography; Pixel perfect vs. good enough to :shipit:; To mascot or not to mascot. We don’t need you to have all the answers, but we want you to have well-informed opinions.
- Build the brand (did we mention you’ll be building the brand?)
- Be the design mastermind behind Netlify.com (and a few of our community sites), partnering with the marketing team to add, refresh, and optimize site content.
- Partner with marketing team to design a variety of digital content, including landing pages, email templates, customer stories, event and social media assets, and display advertisements.
- Help build our visual design language, maintaining a living visual style guide in collaboration with product designers.
- Coordinate with contractors as needed for specialized projects.
- A demonstrable background and portfolio of communication, visual, or graphic design work.
- Experience designing for a persona-based journey.
- Experience optimizing design for user signups or lead registration.
- Phenominal communicator. Can clearly articulate intention behind design choices.
- Open to feedback, able to take criticism, can engage in constructive debate.
- Able to work out of our headquarters in San Francisco.
- Experience designing for highly technical products and/or community-centric brands.
- You can draw! Illustration talent of objects, humans, and ideas.