Netlify is revolutionizing the way developers and teams build, deploy, and run modern web projects. Our mission is to build a future of the web that is open, accessible for all, and secure by default. We aim to perfect a collaborative platform that allows any developer build performant web projects and simply push their code, while we take care of the rest.
We are looking to hire Developer Evangelists who can create, develop, and execute strategies that empower the Netlify brand. They will provide tools to educate developers while advancing the web and improving developer workflows with passion and enthusiasm for the Netlify toolset.
What is DevRel at Netlify?
The Developer Relations group at Netlify is the face of the company with strong content production goals and a focus on spreading the love of Netlify to developers all over the world. The Developer Relations team gives feedback to Product Team on what would increase developer adoption and market growth.
We believe that active community engagement and education through content building and open participation are part of the magic sauce for Netlify to succeed.
The Developer Relations group is a team first. We value collaboration and support that leads to an inclusive, open environment where we can avoid burnout and the feeling of being siloed. We love to build out strategies together, support through editing and reviewing, and acting as soundboards for new ideas.
- Create technical content that show developers how to use Netlify and how to get the most out of the Netlify toolset.
- Maintain knowledge of the Netlify toolset and all open source projects like Netlify CMS, GoCommerce, GoTrue and more… while knowing what’s coming down the product pipeline.
- Share your knowledge by giving talks, conducting workshops, and attending developer events all over the world.
- Provide support and guidance to developers within our online community channels including Github, Twitter, Stack Overflow, Gitter, and others we will create.
- Connect with other developers, developer advocates, educators, entrepreneurs, and accelerators to find opportunities to integrate Netlify into technical programs and curriculums.
- Work with other tools and communities to build out integration strategies that will further developer adoption.
- Understanding of competitors and their progress as well as how to differentiate Netlify from its competitors.
- Excellent written communication skills (English)
- Relevant software engineering experience including full stack or frontend expertise
- Participation in technical communities/organizations with strong involvement in the community
- Understanding of web development trends and emerging technologies
- 1 - 3 years experience writing technical content or explaining technical concepts in blog posts, forums, speaking engagements, or other channels.
- Experience with modern frontend web development trends like the JAMstack
- Experience in web development, APIs, microservices
- Experience in building and scaling open source communities
You'll be successful on the DevRel team if:
- You love building and empowering technical communities.
- You have a passion for education, learning is a lifelong exercise, and you enjoy sharing your knowledge with others.
- You love to write technical blogs and/or create videos and tutorials.
- You value collaboration, brainstorming, and thorough planning.
- You enjoy traveling, speaking to crowds, and engaging directly with developers.
Benefits + perks:
- Working with a mission-driven team that celebrates diversity, work-life balance, and employee growth.
- Competitive salary.
- Stock options.
- Free food, drinks & snacks at the office including lunch.
- Electronically operated sit to stand desks.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- “Whatever gear you need” when you join.
- Get-things-done work environment — work whenever you want, take days off whenever you want, as long as you’re getting things done and collaborate with your teammates.
About the Netlify team
Though the team is small, we are a fast-growing startup. You will be working across the company. There are only twenty of us, so you are getting in at a time when we need people who can help us build a path towards the future.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot - particularly, pairing and collaborating - we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard (burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow (impostor syndrome
is also real) - and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If we can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.
How we hire
Our hiring process starts as soon as you submit your application using the form below. We'd appreciate a thoughtful cover letter explaining your interest in the DelRel team and why you'd like to work at Netlify, along with your resume.
Once we've reviewed your application, if things seem like a possible fit, we will schedule a conference call with you. This first meeting helps us to learn more about your past experience and helps you to learn a little bit more about our company and how we work.
If we move forward with the process, we will determine the best way to evaluate your skills. If this evaluation is successful, we'll schedule a meeting with other members of the company that you'll be working with, directly or indirectly. After this third interview, you'll meet with the management team to discuss salary and other compensations.