Netlify is revolutionizing the way developers and teams build, deploy, and run modern web projects. Our mission is to build a future of the web that is open, accessible for all, and secure by default. We aim to perfect a collaborative platform that allows any developer build performant web projects and simply push their code, while we take care of the rest.
We are looking for a our first product manager to help build, maintain, and execute on our ambitious roadmap. Netlify builds tools for web developers, and you’ll be combining deep technical insights and empathy for the people using our platform with data-driven insights into product and feature usage.
- Work closely with cross-functional product team to prioritize a roadmap of high-impact projects
- Maintain our product roadmap and build out product backlogs.
- Work with engineering, content teams and company leadership to create visibility and transparency around velocity, release dates, progress, and set-backs
- Conduct data analysis to assess impact of launched features and experiments
- Work with our support team to identify pain points for users and prioritize improvements and bug fixes vs feature development
- Gain a deep and empathetic understanding of the developer audience and how they use(or could use) Netlify. Use that insight to influence the product roadmap
- Read the market and respond with forward-looking roadmap development
To be effective in this role, you’ll benefit from
- Experience working with distributed teams.
- Experience working with user research and data to inform decisions.
Competencies that we value in candidates
- Experience with developer-focused products
- Great communication and writing skills
- Exceptional project management
- Passion for building and shipping great products
- Strong track record of defining and launching excellent products, ideally to a developer customer base
You are interested in working with a product that is inherently technical, but strives to reduce technical complexity to easily understandable interfaces that can be approached by novice and professional alike. You are willing to come with ideas, and consider how Netlify can improve and grow to be used by millions of developers.
About the team
Though the team is small, we are a fast-growing startup. You will be working across the company. There are only about twenty of us, so you are getting in at a time when we need people who can help us build a path towards the future.
We believe that empowered, engaged employees do the best work. We’ll be giving you the tools you need to succeed and looking to you for suggestions for improvement not just in your daily job, but in many other aspects of building a company. Whether you work from our main office in San Francisco, or you are a remote employee, we’ll be working together a lot—particularly, pairing and collaborating—we want you to succeed! We don’t want you to work too hard(burnout is real), and we do want to encourage you to grow(impostor syndrome
is also real)—and we’ll help you do that.
Netlify is devoted to building a team of people with different backgrounds and lifestyles. We eagerly invite applications from people of all kinds. We don’t discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, race, citizenship, pregnancy status, or any other differences. If w/e can do anything to provide a better interview, i.e. accommodate a disability, then please do let us know.
How we hire
Our hiring process starts as soon as you submit your application here. Please send us a thoughtful cover letter explaining why you enjoy building developer-focused products, and why you’d like to work at Netlify.
After we evaluate your application, we will schedule a conference call so we can meet. If you live in San Francisco, we usually substitute this call with a visit to our office. This first meeting helps us to learn more about your past experience and helps you to learn a little bit more about our company and how we work. Our hiring process progresses as needed depending on the candidate and may involve a paid, flexible-hour, contract-based evaluation period of 2 weeks.