We are looking for a strong, experienced network stack engineers that is able to solve technical challenges, deliver high quality code to join our talented, innovative team. You will be part of a brilliant, energetic and fun team of engineers that building, continuously improve and evolve core of the graph database!
You will be part of the international team that is based in our engineering HQ in Malmö, Sweden.
As part of the team you will:
- Extract requirements for, design and implement a highly concurrent, performant, near real time network I/O layer for handling all network communication of the Neo4j server
- Participate in the design of network protocols, QoS requirements and code architecture decisions necessary for the low latency, high throughput environments Neo4j is being deployed in
- write high quality, testable and efficient code
- promote new ideas, take active part in features discussions and roadmap prioritisation
- work closely with our customers and other Neo4j teams in requirements gathering and customer support
- hack on preferred stuff during regular hack days and events
We expect that:
- You have 7+ years of experience developing production level software
- You have experience designing multi-threaded systems and algorithms
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You are fluent in Java and have knowledge of other programming languages
- You have experience in technical and team leadership
- You have strong troubleshooting skills
- You have knowledge about performance profiling and optimisation
- You are interested in learning new things
- You have experience working with different development methodologies
- You care about code quality and can't imagine your life without it
- You have superior communication skills and a sense of humor!
We don’t expect you to have experience across all these areas. We have a mix of different skills in our team. Many of our teams are spread over two or more locations so you should be comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
Neo4j is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Neo4j is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, Creandum, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, Germany, and Malaysia. For more information, please visit neo4j.com