Neo4j is the clear leader in the rapidly emerging graph database category.
Our internet-scale graph platform helps companies around the world connect data to reveal invisible contexts and hidden relationships that drive breakthrough applications and analytics.
As the #1 platform for connected data, Neo4j has over three million downloads, the world’s largest graph developer community, and thousands of graph-powered applications in production.
The most sophisticated organizations worldwide use Neo4j to harness powerful data connections, from enterprises like Walmart, eBay, and Cisco to hot startups like Medium, Musimap and Airbnb.
With its headquarters in San Mateo, Calif., Neo4j also has regional offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK. For more information, visit Neo4j.com and @Neo4j.
Our Roots and Culture:
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We aim to hire smart, funny, creative and humble people who possess a lot of heart and drive. We value relationships (just like a graph!) and place trust in our colleagues to meet each day with focus and integrity.
We foster collaboration and intellectually honest discussions for consensus decision making. Every Neo4j employee is empowered to contribute and put one's own innovative stamp on projects.
Most of all, we are fanatical about graphs and creating an experience our users love.
Cloud Database Marketing Manager will be the outward facing champion of Neo4j’s newest Database-as-a-Service product, targeting mid-market organizations. This individual will be responsible for a range of outbound marketing activities focused on articulating the technology, differentiation, and business value of the product in order to increase its adoption in an extremely competitive market where Neo4j holds a strong leadership position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Researching and developing a cloud buyer’s persona and profile, initially targeted at developers, small businesses and startups. Understand the use cases driving these purchasers to graphs in the cloud.
- Work with the rest of Neo4j’s marketing and product teams to understand the buyer’s journey for cloud systems, with the intent to make that process a seamless, self service engagement, while helping develop these customers into long-term successful references.
- Creating product collateral, evaluation guides, and white papers about relevant technology and business issues.
- Developing cost effective lead-generation programs including messaging, follow-up tactics, and promotions for the soon-to-be-launched Database as a Service.
- Launching new products to sales, marketing, customers, prospects, press and analysts.
- Researching industry segments and business functions where Neo4j’s graph technology can have significant impact.
- Communicating corporate and product messages to industry analysts.
- Coordinating and communicating bi-directionally with product development, documentation and services groups.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Product Marketing who is located in Neo4j’s Corporate headquarters in San Mateo, CA.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills, with examples.
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in applicable cloud architectures, database, computer science or networking disciplines
- 3+ years of cloud-based product marketing or product management
- 5+ years of enterprise software industry business experience, ideally in marketing, pre-sales, engineering or product management
- Experience in selling and marketing to mid-market enterprises and/or small and medium sized businesses
- Experience in implementations, technical sales or business development a significant plus.
- Experience using relational databases, NoSQL databases Linux and windows operating systems and cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP) is preferred.
- Ability to present technical concepts and examples to a varied audience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities across departments and functions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully launch both mature and “V1” products
- Self-starter with abundant initiative
- Experience with graph-based technologies or mathematics is a plus.
- Web publishing or graphic design experience is a plus.
- Some travel required
The ideal candidate will be a creative storyteller, IT or database programmer, with previous cloud systems experience who wants to work in a fast-paced, market-making environment and organization.