We are looking for a strong, experienced backend engineers that is able to solve technical challenges, deliver high quality code to join our talented, innovative team. You will be part of a brilliant, energetic and fun team of engineers that building, continuously improve and evolve core of the graph database!
You will be part of the international team that is based in our engineering HQ in Malmö, Sweden.
As part of the team you will:
build and ship new features for the core of the leading graph database
- write high quality, testable and efficient code
- promote new ideas, take active part in features discussions and roadmap prioritisation
- integrate cutting edge research and technologies into the database core
- work closely with our customers and other teams
- hack on preferred stuff during regular hack days and events
We expect that:
You have 5+ years of experience developing production level software
- You have experience designing multi-threaded systems and algorithms
- You have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You are fluent in Java and have knowledge of other programming languages
- You have strong troubleshooting skills
- You have knowledge about performance profiling and optimisation
- You are interested in learning new things
- You have experience working with different development methodologies
- You care about code quality and can't imagine your life without it
- You have superior communication skills and a sense of humor!
We don’t expect you to have experience across all these areas. We have a mix of different skills in our team. Many of our teams are spread over two or more locations so you should be comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
At Neo4j we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships between people, processes, locations and systems. We created, drive and are at the forefront of innovation in the Graph Database category; and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
We are here to stay:
Neo4j is well-funded with a recent series E round of $80M, led by Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital, and One Peak Partners. Creandum, the earliest investor in Spotify, is a long-term Neo4j investor.
We have over 300 customers including Airbus, Comcast, eBay, NASA, UBS, and Walmart; more than 75% of the Fortune 100 have used Neo4j.