Neo4j, Inc. is the graph company behind the #1 platform for connected data. The Neo4j Graph Platform helps organizations make sense of their data by revealing how people, processes and digital systems are interrelated. This connections-first approach powers intelligent applications tackling challenges such as artificial intelligence, fraud detection, real-time recommendations, and master data.
The company boasts the world's largest dedicated investment in native graph technology, has amassed more than ten million downloads and has a huge developer community deploying graph applications around the globe. More than 250 commercial customers, including global enterprises like Walmart, Comcast, Cisco, eBay, and UBS use Neo4j to create a competitive advantage from connections in their data.
We are looking for an exceptional, driven, hands-on, and customer-obsessed technical support engineer to form the foundation of our Database as a Service (DBaaS) Support team. The DBaaS Support team’s primary responsibility is to diagnose, debug and resolve customer-reported issues related to Neo4j’s DBaaS product. This role will work directly with customers, as well as with internal organizations such as cloud operations, product management, and development teams, exercising diverse skills needed to delight customers. This is a new and expanding offering from Neo4j. As such, leadership and rapid career progression opportunities exist for the right candidate.
Primary job responsibilities
- Build and maintain DBaaS support-related processes, procedures and policies
- Curate a customer-facing knowledge base to enable self-service issue resolution
- Collect, analyze and report on DBaaS Support KPIs, maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction
- Drive operational improvements by collecting and analyzing both metrics and customer feedback on a continual basis
- Define and report customer-facing service metrics
- Able to work additional hours, provide regular on-call support during evenings, weekends and public holidays on an on-call rotation basis. Additional compensation will be provided for on-call support and weekend coverage, consistent with company policy.
- Lead customer communications when dealing with highly sensitive issues
- Consult with Neo4j management in directing resolution of critical customer situations
- Analyze workload, determine best practices and implement changes to improve productivity
- Proactively contribute to increasing the team efficiency by sharing knowledge, providing feedback about best practices, writing tools/utilities
- Define and implement process automation using commercially available and open source tools
- Develop training plans for new customer onboarding and on-going skills development for DBaaS customers
- Learn, coach, and share knowledge and skills with other Neo4j team members.
- Participate in cross-functional teams, including offshore partners, to deliver world-class support to clients
- Stay at the cutting edge of technology-enabled support, turning it into a competitive advantage for Neo4j
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience in the field is required
- 10+ years hands-on experience in customer support involving database in Unix/Linux environment
- 5+ years in one or more of the following areas is preferred: DBaaS, IaaS, PaaS middleware
- Knowledge of or familiarity with graph databases highly desired
- Strong understanding of system administration support of operations, working knowledge of storage technologies, virtualization support, and architectural experience
- Excellent client interactive skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated capability to lead and partner across disciplines to achieve a high-impact result
- Solid track record of building, motivating and managing highly effective projects and transition
- Demonstrated ability to resolve complex problems or identify acceptable workarounds.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with a great degree of independence requiring minimal direction.
Why join Neo4j?
- We are one of the fastest growing startups in Enterprise Software in Silicon Valley and this is an opportunity to join our fast-growing team.
- We offer a competitive salary and employer-paid benefits for employees and their dependents.
- We pride ourselves in being an American company with a Swedish soul. We hire smart, funny, ambitious, humble people. You will love your co-workers.
Neo4j is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Neo4j is a privately held company funded by One Peak Partners, Morgan Stanley, Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, Creandum, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, and Germany. For more information, please visit www.neo4j.com