Neo4j, Inc. is the graph company behind the #1 platform for connected data. The Neo4j Graph Platform helps organizations make sense of their data by revealing how people, processes and digital systems are interrelated. This connections-first approach powers intelligent applications tackling challenges such as artificial intelligence, fraud detection, real-time recommendations, and master data.
The company boasts the world's largest dedicated investment in native graph technology, has amassed more than ten million downloads and has a huge developer community deploying graph applications around the globe. More than 250 commercial customers, including global enterprises like Walmart, Comcast, Cisco, eBay, and UBS use Neo4j to create a competitive advantage from connections in their data.
The Neo4j Solutions organization is seeking an experienced data scientist who is passionate about graphs and machine learning to join a growing team. As a solutions data scientist, you will be responsible for scoping, prototyping and productionizing solutions to technical problems that make use of traditional data science methodologies as well as graph algorithms. Examples include building tools for entity resolution (disambiguation) across large heterogeneous databases, recommendation systems that make use of both collaborative filtering and machine learning, or fraud detection models that use graph based features to better identify fraudulent accounts or transactions. This role will work with the rest of the solutions team to develop frameworks and examples that can be deployed to customers or customized for specific use cases. You will also be working directly with Neo4j’s customers and our professional services team to help customers realize their AI/ML solutions. This role is 50% billable on customer projects throughout the year.
- Partner with external customers to identify, scope, and implement solutions to graph driven data science problems,
- Work independently to prototype and productionize deployable machine learning models that can support real world use cases like entity resolution, recommendation engines, fraud detection, or relational inference
- Work with Solutions Engineering to develop customizable user interfaces and solution frameworks
- Support sales and professional services teams in their conversations and interactions with customer data science teams, including helping scope and assess user requirements
- Collaborate with Product Management and Engineering to leverage new product features, and to drive product prioritization.
- Write code to ingest and process large datasets and develop appropriate data models (database architectures) to meet user requirements to support machine learning applications
- Become an expert in the application of graph algorithms, and graph native machine learning approaches, to real world machine learning problems.
- Be willing to travel up to 50%
Ideally, you should have:
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other quantitative fields, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience in building and productionizing machine learning models using both supervised and unsupervised approaches.
- Client facing consultative experience of at least 5 years
- Proven experience working with data science teams to implement AI/ML solutions
- Experience in mentoring or leading small teams
- Familiarity with NLP approaches, including entity recognition, ontology management, and topic modeling
- Experience working with modern machine learning libraries, such as SKLearn, Pandas, Numpy, PyTorch, Keras, TensorFlow, nltk, PySpark, etc.
- Experience working with big data frameworks such as Hadoop or Spark
- Excellent client facing skills, including working with both technical and non-technical customers to define requirements, approaches, and acceptance criteria
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Neo4j and Cypher
- Domain expertise in at least one of - Financial Services, Manufacturing/Logistics/Supply Chain, Healthcare or Retail
- Familiarity with R
- Expertise in graph driven data science applications, such as graph based feature engineering, graph embeddings, or graph neural networks
Why join Neo4j?
- We are one of the fastest growing startups in Enterprise Software in Silicon Valley and this is an opportunity to join our fast-growing team.
- We offer a competitive salary and employer-paid benefits for employees and their dependents.
- We pride ourselves in being an American company with a Swedish soul. We hire smart, funny, ambitious, humble people. You will love your co-workers.
Neo4j is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Neo4j is a privately held company funded by One Peak Partners, Morgan Stanley, Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, Creandum, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, and Germany. For more information, please visit www.neo4j.com.