Customer Success Account Manager - West Coast/Central region - Location will be in San Mateo, CA
Neo4j is the clear leader in the rapidly emerging graph database category.
Our internet-scale graph platform helps companies around the world connect data to reveal invisible contexts and hidden relationships that drive breakthrough applications and analytics.
As the #1 platform for connected data, Neo4j has over three million downloads, the world’s largest graph developer community, and thousands of graph-powered applications in production.
The most sophisticated organizations worldwide use Neo4j to harness powerful data connections, from enterprises like Walmart, eBay, and Cisco to hot startups like Medium, Musimap and Airbnb.
With its headquarters in San Mateo, Calif., Neo4j also has regional offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK. For more information, visit Neo4j.com and @Neo4j.
Our Roots and Culture:
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We aim to hire smart, funny, creative and humble people who possess a lot of heart and drive. We value relationships (just like a graph!) and place trust in our colleagues to meet each day with focus and integrity.
We foster collaboration and intellectually honest discussions for consensus decision making. Every Neo4j employee is empowered to contribute and put one's own innovative stamp on projects.
Most of all, we are fanatical about graphs and creating an experience our users love.
What You'll Do:
Neo4j is growing fast and is seeking an experienced Customer Success Account Manager to ensure the success of our existing customer base and secure renewals. Along with Customer Support and your Account Executive, you will collaborate to understand customers’ goals and expand Neo4j’s footprint. The position will demand interaction with startup companies to large scale enterprises at senior levels, as well as with technical staff within the traditional IT organization. The successful candidate will have technical background, sound sales experience, and excellent business acumen blended with superb interpersonal and presentational skills.
- Maintain contact with customers in an assigned territory to ensure customer success, issue resolution and up/cross selling activities
- Build relationships and work effectively with cross function teams to identify and resolve any issues
- Perform outbound renewal activities such as cold calling new contacts within customer accounts, discovering and educating new stakeholders, and renewals qualifications for existing customers
- Utilize CRM to forecast and track all renewal related activities
- Develop a quarterly business plan and renewals strategy for assigned accounts
- Conduct regular one-on-one reviews with the VP, WW Account Management to review forecasts and account health
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Neo4j competitive positioning in the marketplace
- BA/BS or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Combined 10+ years successful in
- Successful account management, business development, or SAAS experience in High Tech
- Application development or database administration
- Ability to influence others to achieve results
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and use good judgment in resolving difficult issues
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be organized, detail and process oriented
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident; ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company's mission, product and business opportunity with contagious conviction
- Must be a self- starter with the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficient with standard corporate productivity tools (email, voicemail, MS Office, Marketo, Salesforce.com)
- Proven ability in delivering against sales/quota targets
- Experience in managing complex accounts with multiple stakeholders
- Proven track record of and growing existing account base
Why join Neo4j?
- We are one of the fastest growing startups in Enterprise Software in the Silicon Valley
- We are well-funded with a recent series C round of 25M
- We have nearly 200 customers, a third of which are Global 2000
- Our product is used by companies like Walmart, eBay, LinkedIn, PitneyBowes and Adidas.
- We offer competitive salary, full benefits, fully stocked kitchen, an exciting new office space, hundreds of hours of online course through Udemy, monthly Office Hour events, company offsites, happy hours & the list goes on!
- We pride ourselves in being an American company with a Swedish soul. We hire smart, funny, ambitious, humble people. You will love your coworkers.
Neo4j is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Neo4j is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, Creandum, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, Germany, and Malaysia. For more information, please visit www.neo4j.com
Why Join Neo4j?
- We are one of the fastest growing startups in enterprise software in Silicon Valley, and this is an opportunity to lead and develop high-value strategic technology partnering relationships.
- We offer competitive salary, employer-paid benefits, generous paid family leave plans, catered lunches, a fully stocked kitchen, weekly activities, company off-sites, happy hours and the list goes on!
- Neo4j is a proud equal opportunity employer that fully supports a global mindset and workforce diversity.
- You will love your co-workers!
Intrigued by this role? We encourage you to apply even if you don't 100% fit the qualifications above.