Our internet-scale graph platform helps companies around the world connect data to reveal invisible contexts and hidden relationships that drive breakthrough applications and analytics.
As the #1 platform for connected data, Neo4j has over three million downloads, the world’s largest graph developer community, and thousands of graph-powered applications in production.
The most sophisticated organizations worldwide
use Neo4j to harness powerful data connections, from enterprises like Walmart, eBay, and Cisco to hot startups like Medium, Musimap and Airbnb.
With its headquarters in San Mateo, Calif., Neo4j also has regional offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK. For more information, visit Neo4j.com and @Neo4j.
Our Roots and Culture:
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We aim to hire smart, funny, creative and humble people who possess a lot of heart and drive. We value relationships (just like a graph!) and place trust in our colleagues to meet each day with focus and integrity.
We foster collaboration and intellectually honest discussions for consensus decision making. Every Neo4j employee is empowered to contribute and put one's own innovative stamp on projects.
Most of all, we are fanatical about graphs and creating an experience our users love.
The Neo4j Database Product Marketing Manager will be the outward facing champion of Neo4j’s flagship product. This individual will be responsible for a range of outbound marketing activities focused on articulating the technology, differentiation, and business value of the product in order to increase its adoption in an extremely competitive market where Neo4j holds a strong leadership position. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Creation of strategic sales tools including presentations, demonstrations and competitive product positioning for use by Neo4j’s direct sales force and partners.
- Creating product collateral, evaluation guides, and white papers about relevant technology and business issues.
- Developing cost effective lead-generation programs including messaging, follow-up tactics, and promotions.
- Launching new products to sales, marketing, customers, prospects, press and analysts.
- Researching industry segments and business functions where Neo4j’s graph technology can have significant impact.
- Communicating corporate and product messages to industry analysts.
- Coordinating and communicating bi-directionally with product development, documentation and services groups.
This position reports to the Senior Director of Product Marketing who is located in Neo4j’s Corporate headquarters in San Mateo, CA. Exceptional remote candidates will be considered.
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in applicable database, computer science or networking disciplines or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of enterprise software industry business experience, ideally in marketing, pre-sales, engineering or product management
- Experience working in the evolving database markets such as NoSQL or graph are a significant plus.
- Experience in technical sales or business development a significant plus.
- Experience using relational databases, NoSQL databases Linux and windows operating systems and cloud environments (AWS, Azure or GCP) is preferred.
- Ability to present technical concepts and examples to a varied audience
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate activities across departments and functions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully launch both mature and “V1” enterprise products
- Self-starter with abundant initiative
- Experience with graph-based technologies or mathematics is a plus.
- Experience in software product management is a plus.
- Web publishing experience is a plus.
- Some travel required
The ideal candidate will be a creative storyteller, IT or database programmer, with previous graph (“connected data”) experience who wants to work in a fast-paced, market-making environment and organization.