We’re Neo4j, makers of the Neo4j graph database. We’re looking for experienced developers to join our Cloud Engineering team, where we’re building a new Database-as-a-Service product based on Neo4j. This service will deliver the power of Neo4j without the hassle of database setup, monitoring, maintenance, backups or updates. To be successful, our service must be robust, secure, and reliable.
We’re architecting for scale. We’ve already developed the capability to deploy updates multiple times a day without service interruption and to isolate customers from underlying infrastructure issues. As we scale the system to support thousands of customers, we need to increase reliability and reduce our own operational burden through careful design and automation. We are building a System Reliability Engineering team to own that responsibility.
Typical activities for developers on the SRE team include:
- developing system components concerned with monitoring and robustness
- collaborating on the design of other system components to ensure their reliability
- developing SLIs and SLOs for the system and using them to drive reliability improvements
- load and robustness testing
- handling day-to-day operations of the system
- enhancing the system to improve its operational characteristics
- evaluating and managing external system dependencies
The ideal candidate will be a developer who has several years experience building and operating systems in active production use; they will enjoy learning new technologies and be comfortable working as part of a highly distributed team.
Candidates should have experience of one or more of:
- building and operating systems on public cloud infrastructure
- continuous delivery techniques
- monitoring of distributed systems
- security engineering
- working with other developers to improve their designs and development practices
Technologies we currently use include Go, Python, GCP, Docker and Kubernetes. Familiarity with one or more of those is desirable but not required.
We aspire to the principles of the agile manifesto. We’re looking for people who share those principles and will help to build a team iteratively and reflectively.
At Neo4j we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships between people, processes, locations and systems. We created, drive and are at the forefront of innovation in the Graph Database category; and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
We are here to stay:
Neo4j is well-funded with a recent series E round of $80M, led by Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital, and One Peak Partners. Creandum, the earliest investor in Spotify, is a long-term Neo4j investor.
We have over 300 customers including Airbus, Comcast, eBay, NASA, UBS, and Walmart; more than 75% of the Fortune 100 have used Neo4j.