Here at Neo4j , we’re on the lookout for software engineers to join our Neo4j Cypher Team. The planner team works with the code that takes high level, declarative queries and turns them into highly optimized, low-level bytecode. As a Cypher engineer, you’ll be responsible for designing and building our query planner and runtimes, as well as develop our statistical cardinality model and it’s partner in crime, our cost model.
You’ll be based in either our engineering HQ in Malmö, Sweden or our office in London, and will travel on occasion between the two. You’ll be working with an exceptional international team that stretches from New Zealand to Silicon Valley and some of the smartest, most varied and fun people in the industry.
● understand the principles of query planning
● have a strong foundation in algorithm design/analysis
● are interested in transferring academic research into production grade products
● have a deep and mutual love for statistics
● like programming in Java and know your way around the JVM ecosystem
● like functional programming and are not intimidated by Scala
We don’t expect you to have experience across all these areas. We have a mix of different skills in our team. Many of our teams are spread over two or more locations so you should be comfortable working as part of a distributed team.
Neo4j is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Neo4j is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, Creandum, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, Germany, and Malaysia. For more information, please visit neo4j.com