Director of Engineering
Neo4j, the global leader in graph databases, is looking for a Director of Engineering to help take our growing engineering team to the next level.
You have a background managing engineering teams and are well versed in agile development methods. You have a M.Sc. degree in computer science or equivalent experience. You have several years of experience managing software engineering teams, preferably in a product development setting rather than consulting.
At a high level, the Director of Engineering would be a key player in ensuring that Neo4j has the culture, processes, knowledge and skills to make the graph database category reach its potential and to retain Neo4j’s leadership as the world’s best graph database.
More concretely, your daily activities and responsibilities will probably include
- participating in standup meetings
- getting a sense of progress and impediments
- knowing what everyone is doing and how they are performing
- reading and understanding team dynamics
- reporting back to the rest of the organization
- working with product management on feature delivery
- hiring new members of the team
- HR work (salary, vacation, leave)
- working on continuously improving processes in the organization
- fostering a culture of excellence and collaboration
Neo4j engineering currently has around 60 members, but will grow significantly over the next years. Engineering headquarter is in Malmö. There is also a development office in London and individual contributors working remotely. The commercial headquarter is in San Mateo, California and there are over 200 employees worldwide.