Our internet-scale graph platform helps companies around the world connect data to reveal invisible contexts and hidden relationships that drive breakthrough applications and analytics.
As the #1 platform for connected data, Neo4j has over three million downloads, the world’s largest graph developer community, and thousands of graph-powered applications in production.
The most sophisticated organizations worldwide
use Neo4j to harness powerful data connections, from enterprises like Walmart, eBay, and Cisco to hot startups like Medium, Musimap and Airbnb.
With its headquarters in San Mateo, Calif., Neo4j also has regional offices in Sweden, Germany and the UK. For more information, visit Neo4j.com and @Neo4j.
Our Roots and Culture:
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We aim to hire smart, funny, creative and humble people who possess a lot of heart and drive. We value relationships (just like a graph!) and place trust in our colleagues to meet each day with focus and integrity.
We foster collaboration and intellectually honest discussions for consensus decision making. Every Neo4j employee is empowered to contribute and put one's own innovative stamp on projects.
Most of all, we are fanatical about graphs and creating an experience our users love.
Using Agile Project Management methodology, the Project Manager will be a hands-on leader who will successfully deliver Neo4j technology solutions to customers on time, on budget, aligned with project plans, customer expectations, and Neo4j values. This position reports directly to the Director of Professional Services for the Americas.
LOCATION: Anywhere in the US
- Manage one or more project teams of 4+ consultants
- Continually raise the bar of the organization practicing high standards and strong work ethics
Build and Maintain Project Management Methodology
- Establish and maintain a continually evolving Agile Project Delivery methodology, and championing its success
Manage Project Scope, Time and Resources:
- Own end-to-end accountability for project delivery for assigned customer projects
- Work with PS management to drive the identification of skills, sourcing from partners, where appropriate, for successful project deliveries
- Work with PS management to anticipate and develop skill requirements to achieve delivery excellence
- Lead the development of program/project management artifacts such as detailed project plans, charters, risk assessments, Gantt charts, decision matrices, and other deliverables needed throughout the project
- Prepare for and perform applicable project close procedures (e.g., lessons learned, process improvement, transition to business operations)
- Mentor and develop junior Project Managers
- Ensure all time entries for assigned projects are current in PSA by the end of each week
- Drive performance against core KPIs that will be leveraged to evaluate the effectiveness of the projects, including project budget and schedule adherence, project margins, and customer satisfaction.
Manage Project Financials and Budgets
- Analyze and maintain aggregated project financial information working with PS management and corporate F&A.
- Monitor/analyze actuals against established project plans and budgets to identify variances and their causes, and communicate to applicable stakeholders, as appropriate
- Ensure adherence to established financial close procedures and governance guidelines
Manage Project Communication
- Ensure weekly delivery of an aggregated level status report, dashboard and scorecards that conveys health of all projects, such as (but not limited to): actual to plan, utilization, financial burn against budget, delivery velocity, risks and mitigations, and more.
- Responsible for sprint management, planning and demos
- Drive weekly meetings to review projects, assess and manage risks, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks and provide escalation management.
- Hold team members accountable for progress on key actions.
- Establish strong working relationships with matrix project teams
- Generate regular actionable metrics and reporting.
- Drive a zero-defect culture in project deliveries by identifying root causes of sub-standard project outcomes, and recommending and implementing appropriate resolutions
- Identify/prioritize potential risks/issues throughout the project life cycle, and develop appropriate contingency plans, applying established risk/issue analysis methods, techniques and tools (e.g., impact assessment, ranking and mitigation)
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent, and over 8 years of hands-on experience managing large scale, enterprise-class, delivery projects
- Managing projects using Scrum Agile software development framework
- Experience managing teams of 4+ resources with billable work of at least $1M
- Solid knowledge of the technology stack in the data space - big data, database, NoSQL, Business Intelligence etc.
- Knowledge of graph technology, a big plus
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Over 50% travel