Neo4j is the world’s leading graph database and a proven data management solution for highly connected data. It’s native graph architecture is well-suited to transactional use cases such as Fraud Detection, Real-Time Recommendations, Identity Access Management, Security, IT Management and Operations, Master Data Management and more. Neo4j offers high query performance, scalability, agility for application development teams, and simplified system management and maintenance.
Neo4j Sales Engineering is an integral part of the sales team, helping to persuade prospective users of the benefits and advantages of graph database technology, and driving Neo4j product adoption through their technical efforts. Our Sales Engineers are passionate about working with prospects and customers to understand business and system requirements, identify and refine compelling use cases for which Neo4j is applicable, showcase relevant product capabilities and engage in hands-on proof work.
- Develop and continually refine deep Neo4j product knowledge.
- Provide informational Neo4j presentations and live software demonstrations.
- Participate in functional and technical discovery sessions.
- Lead whiteboarding sessions and/or work independently to map requirements to valid use cases that are addressed by Neo4j product capabilities.
- Craft proposed Neo4j solution architectures that address customer requirements and fit appropriately into their technology environment.
- Develop Neo4j prototypes that showcase support for customer requirements.
- Address competitive differentiation and technical objection-handling as needed.
- Facilitate solution knowledge transfer to Neo4j Consulting and industry partners.
- Support local marketing events and participate actively in the Neo4j Community.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- Graph database experience, e.g. Neo4j, OrientDB, TitanDB/JanusGraph.
- Relational or NoSQL database, Big Data, Analytics and Integration technologies and architectures.
- Virtualization and Cloud knowledge.
- Visualization (D3, Sigma.js, viz.js, Linkurious, Sawyer) knowledge.
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies as needed.
- Client-facing experience:
- Consultative skills including data requirements gathering and data modeling, white boarding and developing/validating proposed solution architectures.
- Presentations and software demonstrations for audiences including technical and line-of-business decision makers.
- Delivery of informal or other product education to prospective users or project teams.
- Soft skills including effective communication, listening and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, sales-focused environment.
- Industry vertical experience, e.g. Financial Services, Retail, Government, Security or Telecommunication.
- Proficient written and spoken English communication skills.
- 5+ years prior software pre-sales, professional services or other client-facing experience.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree required.
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organization.
- Ability and willingness to travel
Southern California is preferred, but location is flexible.
Why join Neo4j?
- We are one of the fastest growing startups in Enterprise Software in the Silicon Valley
- We have over 200 customers, a third of which are Global 2000
- Our product is used by companies like Walmart, eBay, LinkedIn, Pitney-Bowes and Adidas.
- We pride ourselves in being an American company with a Swedish soul. We hire smart, funny, ambitious, humble people. You will love your coworkers.
Neo4j is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer supporting workforce diversity.
Neo4j is a privately held company funded by Fidelity Growth Partners Europe, Sunstone Capital and Conor Venture Partners, Creandum, and is headquartered in San Mateo, CA, with offices in Sweden, UK, Germany, and Malaysia. For more information, please visit neo4j.com.