Neo4j is the world's leading graph database and our Consultants are the people that help customers realize its value every day. Our Consulting Engineers are hands-on technologists directly engaged with customers who enjoy working in a variety of industries, solutions, and architectures. We provide engineering leadership and development for the Neo4j-based solutions our customers are building. In addition to being Graph Database experts, our Consultants stay hands-on with many other architectural components in our customers’ stack, such as other Big Data and NoSQL solutions, relational databases, caching services, messaging and access layer tools, and various frameworks. Our Consultants truly are the experts that help our customers deploy high-quality solutions.
This position will report into the Regional/Global PS Director.
As a Consulting Engineer, you’ll get to do the following:
- Working with our customer’s engineering teams, you’ll lead and contribute to all phases of the Neo4j implementation within their projects.
- Act as the Technical Subject Matter expert for short to long-term consulting engagements where you’ll write code, provide expert advice and guidance, train and educate, and help prepare deployments for production rollout.
- Develop solution architectures that address the technical requirements of our customer’s projects
- Design and build prototype solutions that demonstrate required functionality with Neo4j
- Help prepare solution proposals for our customer’s engineering and management teams that help address the overall project goals.
To be successful, you’ll want to have the following skills, experience, ability, and character:
Extensive experience with database technologies and data modeling concepts, preferably with one of the leading Big Data Database/Analytics Vendors
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience designing and developing enterprise class applications.
- Hands-on development experience using Java/J2EE, XML, SOAP, Web Services (SOAP, WSDL, etc.), Middleware, Design Patterns, JUnit, Eclipse IDE and database technologies.
- Experience with complex data analysis, data migrations, and system integration, strong object- oriented programming skills.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
- Previous experience with complex, customer-facing projects.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- Experience with source control software such as Perforce, SVN, Git, etc.
- Ability to engage and interact with engineers in an advisory role
- Comfortable and quick with learning new technologies and development languages as needed
- Passionate about solving technical problems
- Capable of educating and training small groups
- Great listening skills and attention to detail
It will be a plus to have:
- Industry vertical experience in Financial Services or Retail
- 3+ years Graph DB related experience i.e. Neo4j, OrientDB, TitanDB or similar
- Familiarity with Couchbase, MongoDB, Marklogic, Teradata
- Experience in Visualization (D3, Sigma.js, Linkurious, Sawyer)
- Bachelor Degree required
- Ability to work independently, self-directed and remotely in a cross functional organization
- 5+ years working in a consultative capacity in a Professional Services Organization
- Able to travel >50% of the time
Location: All of US, but preferably New York/Boston/Washington DC/Chicago/San Francisco; Position is remote.