At Neocova’s AI division, our goal is to explore the frontiers of artificial intelligence to bring robust, explainable AI systems into the banking world, and bridge the research to production gap.
The AI Engineer is responsible for the development of solutions to concrete problems facing the banking industry (ranging from detection of money laundering, fraud, terrorist financing and optimizing loan programs), using leading-edge supervised and unsupervised machine learning approaches over heterogeneous/complex data structures.
Experience and expertise required with:
- Python (1+ year, general programming experience: 3+ years)
- Scikit-learn (1+ year) & similar, candidate must have ability/background to:
- understand models in detail via documentation
- understand how various hyperparameters may affect results and high-level model characteristics (such as model overfitting vs underfitting, model complexity, scalability, and so on) + conduct hyperparameter optimization
- recognize relevant implementation nuances that may affect results
- Numpy, pandas, scipy and similar (i.e. the standard python data science libraries)
- Data visualization - some experience with plotly, matplotlib or similar is sufficient
Familiarity with (dev tools):
- Git based version control
- Jupyter notebook environment (or similar)
- Linux / command line (familiarity required, in-depth expertise not required)
- Cloud services (such as AWS or GCP): ability to interface/work with cloud resources for model development, training, and deployment (experience required, in-depth knowledge not required).
Ability to pick up, break apart, and use new packages, frameworks, and tools (including, from time to time, out of the box UI-based AI software) will be key given the currently rapidly-evolving AI landscape. Generally, we expect the candidate to be open to continued learning and self-directed research + work (both at the individual and team level).
Based on candidate’s interests:
- Candidate may transition in course of career to a more R&D heavy role (e.g. use tensorflow primitives to build de novo deep neural architectures).
- Candidate may transition into a leadership role over time.
Neocova is a rapidly expanding financial technology firm headquartered in St. Louis with operations in New York.
Neocova offers a wealth of benefits and perks, commensurate with what is found in the best organizations across the United States, from excellent health and wellness offerings to discounts on a variety of business products and services relevant to today’s professionals. We aspire to be the best work environment, empowering and encouraging our people in and outside of the office. We hope you are the next member of our thriving team.
Neocova is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, disability or sexual orientation.