Part Time (schedule varies/approximately 52 hours per month)
January 24, 2019 - 4:00 p.m.
Summary: Provides assistance with daily duties at a branch library. Duties include shelving, arranging books, various light cleaning duties and some customer service. Works consistently within NCRL standards and policy directives and all applicable laws. Supports the library’s mission of “Connecting the people of North Central Washington to vital resources and opportunities that foster individual growth and strengthen communities”.
Supervision: This position is supervised by the Circulation Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Arranges and shelves books and magazines.
- Shifts books when shelves get crowded.
- Empties library book drop.
- May answer telephone and assist customers appropriate to skill level.
- May assist patrons with routine location questions.
- May assist patrons with the use of library equipment.
- Works well with branch staff, and any other staff in the process of completing daily tasks or procedures.
- Models professionalism for colleagues and promotes a positive organizational culture by word and by example.
- Promotes and models courteous, respectful, and timely communication.
- Gives and welcomes constructive, respectful feedback while building team spirit.
- Listens actively and well.
- Prioritizes the learning of new technologies.
- Cultivates skills in collaboration.
- Stays abreast of library policies and procedures.
An essential function of this position is consistent and punctual attendance.
- No prior training necessary.
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate information to patrons if requested.
- Comfort with basic computer and technological skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and be detail-oriented.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance on a stool. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move 10-25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be louder during programs.