Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted "Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 - Automotive" by Fast Company and one of the "25 hottest San Francisco startups to watch in 2016" by Business Insider, has created a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction-free driving experience for the modern driver.
As an Android Engineer at Navdy you'll develop and expand Navdy's Android application leveraging the latest features of Android and integrating with the Navdy head up display and core services of the phone.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Android application expert with a mastery to Android best practices and design patterns
- Equally comfortable creating a refined UI and user experience and developing Android services and platform subsystems
- Thrives in an agile collaborative environment working closely with designers, product managers, hardware and software engineers and responding to user feedback
- Capable of initiating a large new project, product or initiative with little or no supervision and direction
- Very capable of constructing thoughtful evaluations of hardware components, architectural solutions, and 3rd party libraries, constructing thoughtful experiments and analyzing the results
- Establishes, encourages and enforces sound development practices across a team to maximize the system's quality, robustness, and maintainability
- Capable of quickly evaluating and incorporating new technologies to improve the systems capabilities, performance or quality
- Makes sound judgments about when to re-architect, replace, or modify systems, 3rd party solutions or other components.
- Loves craftsmanship and showing mastery of the skills in their area of responsibility
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science preferred
- At least 4 years creating Android applications with demonstrable applications in the Play Store
- Experience working in software development teams using automated builds, automated tests, and code reviews
- Java expert, experience in Kotlin is a plus
- Experience with Bluetooth, Android HAL, Google Maps and Places API and building a high impact user-centric application a big plus
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers, and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, and plenty of food in the kitchen. Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus, and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.