Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted "Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 - Automotive" by Fast Company and one of the "25 hottest San Francisco startups to watch in 2016" by Business Insider, has created a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction-free driving experience for the modern driver.
As a Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer at Navdy, you’ll work with small teams of hardware engineers, software engineers and designers to make an awesome product that has never been seen before.
A successful candidate will thrive in an environment that is constantly inventing and trying new things. This role is hands-on but also requires someone who can see the big picture, hidden risks, and is self-motivated to learn new things, experiment, and improve themselves and their surroundings.
What you'll be responsible to accomplish:
- Write and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues
- Develop test procedures to verify software and hardware prior to shipping
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- Drive testing both static and live in-car
- Work with QA Management, Hardware and Software Engineering, Design, and Product Management teams to identify high-impact issues
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years experience in quality assurance
- 5+ years experience testing and debugging issues on Android and iOS devices
- Experience debugging on a Unix platform
- Experience with Software and QA process found in our trade, such as; Jira, TestRail, Jenkins
- Excellent communication skills with the experience evaluating technical risk and user perception
- Deep understanding of Android and iOS platforms from a customer and QA engineer perspective
- Commitment to quality and a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- Self-motivated; able to identify opportunities for improvement and tackle them with minimal supervision
- Programming experience: Python scripting or Java, a plus
- Experience testing custom hardware and BlueTooth devices, a plus
- Experience with Android and iOS automation, a plus
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers, and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, and plenty of food in the kitchen. Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus, and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.