Navdy, the only Pre-IPO voted "Top 10 Most Innovative Company 2015 - Automotive" by Fast Company and one of the "25 hottest San Francisco startups to watch in 2016" by Business Insider, has created a Head-Up Display (HUD) that enables a better way to use your apps in the car. Featuring integrated navigation, communication, and trip information floating seamlessly in front of you, Navdy delivers a distraction-free driving experience for the modern driver.
Collaborating with the cross-functional development team in a fast-paced startup environment, the Lead Electronic Engineer is responsible for overall electrical system design and system integration. In this lead role, you will be the owner of all aspects of EE hardware design, including schematic design, layout and system validation of analog, digital, audio and RF systems.
We look for candidates that excel in empowered agile teams, who problem solve and innovate every day while showing the highest standards of quality and execution.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Design schematics and layout PCBs for GHz rate signals
- Simulate, prototype and debug circuits
- Design for high-volume manufacturing
- Develop manufacturing test procedures
- Manage component vendors
- Work with discipline leads, PMs and other team members to lead all electrical efforts for the project.
- Conduct effective engineering meetings and design review meetings
- Mentor junior engineers
- Develop, test and quantify solutions and new technologies
- Provide detailed program planning and updates
- Prioritize and set deadlines, while also being adaptable and flexible to changing needs
- Utilize local and remote resources to execute detailed validation
What we are looking for:
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- 10+ years of experience in the field
- Experience designing consumer electronics
- Experience designing and laying out complex high-speed PCBs (DDR3, USB 2.0)
- Experience debugging embedded processors using
JTAG and test equipment
- Experience shipping a high volume consumer product
- The ability to operate in an interdisciplinary
team with visual designers, animators, software engineers, and math nerds, and to navigate the uncertainties of a changing board specification (it's a startup, the spec changes).
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within field
- Have exceptional understanding of science and math
- Good problem-solvers and have a creative bent
- Knowing computers inside and out is a plus.
- Experience successfully leveraging technology
- Ability to travel internationally
Why you want to work at Navdy:
We are hardware geeks, scientists, engineers, and designers. We are makers. We are driven. We are Navdy.
We have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: an amazing office space, a smart multidisciplinary team, a flexible workplace, and plenty of food in the kitchen. Obviously: medical, dental, vision, and PTO, great salary, bonus, and options. Navdy is based in SOMA in San Francisco, a few blocks from Caltrain.
Navdy will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.